On this page we will try to help you resolve a issue that can be frustrating, and if not taken in time become a financial drain. In reality, finding a leak on your vehicle is hardly ever reassuring, and it is even less reassuring when it’s a gearbox leak on your Nissan Almera . Today, we’re going to help you confirm that it’s obviously a gearbox leak, then, how to repair a gearbox or transmission leak, then, give you some prevention suggestions, and, finally, give you an indication of the price of the gearbox of a Nissan Almera.
Gearbox leak on Nissan Almera, origin and manifestation
If you have detected an oil stain on the ground, you will need to verify that this leak is obviously originating from the gearbox of your Nissan Almera. To do this, you will need to go under your vehicle and follow the oil leak. If it is transmission oil, it must be originating from your gearbox sump or an adjacent room. Once confirmed, here are the possible roots of this transmission leak:
- A gearbox cap: If it’s incorrectly screwed on…
- Defective torque converter: Just equipped on automatic gearboxes.
- From the transmission oil sump: In case it is cracked or damaged
- One of your seals damaged
How to fix a gearbox leak on Nissan Almera?
After discovering the different roots of a gearbox or transmission oil leak on your Nissan Almera, we will try to explain to you what are your possibilities to repair this oil leak. Be aware that no matter the reason, after having identified a leak, you must go to a garage to identify the exact origin of the leak, otherwise your gearbox might be irreparably damaged. However, here is how the service of the garage and the solutions that will be offered to you:
- Very often to identify the leak, the auto technician will have to dismantle your gearbox, which will involve a high labour cost.
- If you’re lucky and it’s just a gasket, your auto technician will change it and reassemble the gearbox of your Nissan Almera, otherwise you’ll have to replace the complete gearbox
- At last, for the do-it-yourselfers, it is possible to use a sealing kit which is just powerful in the case of small leaks, this kit is worth around 40 euros
Prevention: How to avoid gearbox leaks on your Nissan Almera?
There aren’t many solutions to avoid gearbox leaks on your Nissan Almera , however here are the three most effective:
- Frequent oil changes on your gearbox deck.
- Drain your gearbox and put new oil in it. If you want to know everything about this manipulation, please browse our content on this subject.
- Use a particular additive for maintenance of gearbox seals, these additives will restore flexibility and enable to plug moderate leaks, you will find some for a few dozen euros at Oscaro.
Price of a Nissan Almera gearbox
At last, we would like to give you an indication of how much it costs to replace the gearbox of a Nissan Almera. As you have realized, gearbox problems often lead to a complete replace of this part. It is tricky to give you a precise price because based on the garage the labour can vary a lot and based on your engine the part will also have a different price, however, we estimate that the repair, labour included will cost you between 800 and 2000 euros , knowing that the part alone costs between 400 and 1000 euros.
To discover more tips on the Nissan Almera, take a look at the Nissan Almera category.