In this article we will try to help you resolve a problem that can be frustrating, and if not managed in time become a financial drain. In fact, distinguishing a leak on your car is never reassuring, and it is even less calming when it’s a gearbox leak on your Mercedes Benz CLA Class . In this article, we’re going to help you verify that it’s in truth a gearbox leak, then, how to repair a gearbox or transmission leak, then, give you some prevention tips, and, finally, give you an indication of the price of the gearbox of a Mercedes Benz CLA Class.
Gearbox leak on Mercedes Benz CLA Class, source and symptom
If you have spotted an oil stain on the ground, you will need to verify that this leak is in truth coming from the gearbox of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class. To get this done, you will need to go under your car and follow the oil leak. If it is transmission oil, it must be coming from your gearbox sump or an adjacent room. Once established, here are the possible roots of this transmission leak:
- A gearbox cap: If it’s wrongly screwed on…
- Defective torque converter: Just present on automatic gearboxes.
- From the transmission oil sump: In the event that it is cracked or damaged
- One of your seals damaged
How to fix a gearbox leak on Mercedes Benz CLA Class?
After discovering the different roots of a gearbox or transmission oil leak on your Mercedes Benz CLA Class, we will try to describe to you what are your possibilities to repair this oil leak. Realize that in any case, after having determined a leak, you must go to a garage to determine the exact source of the leak, in any other case your gearbox might be irreparably damaged. Nevertheless, here is how the service of the garage and the solutions that will be offered to you:
- Very often to determine the leak, the technician will have to take apart your gearbox, which will necessitate a high labour cost.
- If you’re lucky and it’s just a gasket, your technician will change it and reassemble the gearbox of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class, in any other case you’ll have to replace the complete gearbox
- Finally, for the do-it-yourselfers, it is possible to use a sealing kit which is just effective in the case of small leaks, this kit is worth around 40 euros
Prevention: How to avoid gearbox leaks on your Mercedes Benz CLA Class?
There aren’t many alternatives to avoid gearbox leaks on your Mercedes Benz CLA Class , however here are the three most effective:
- Frequent oil changes on your gearbox deck.
- Drain your gearbox and put new oil in it. If you want to know everything about this manipulation, please browse our content page on this subject.
- Use a particular additive for routine service of gearbox seals, these additives will restore flexibility and allow to plug slight leaks, you will discover some for a few dozen euros at Oscaro.
Price of a Mercedes Benz CLA Class gearbox
Finally, we would like to give you an indication of how much it costs to replace the gearbox of a Mercedes Benz CLA Class. As you have realized, gearbox problems often lead to a complete replace of this part. It is tricky to give you a precise price because based on the garage the labour can vary quite a lot and based on your engine the part will also have a different price, however, we estimate that the repair, labour included will cost you between 800 and 2000 euros , knowing that the part alone costs between 400 and 1000 euros.
To discover more tips on the Mercedes Benz CLA Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz CLA Class category.