On this page we will try to help you resolve a problem that can be irritating, and if not managed in time become a financial drain. Indeed, finding a leak on your car is hardly ever reassuring, and it is even less calming when it’s a gearbox leak on your Infiniti QX30 . Today, we’re going to help you ensure that it’s in actual fact a gearbox leak, then, how to repair a gearbox or transmission leak, then, give you some prevention tips, and, finally, give you an indication of the price of the gearbox of a Infiniti QX30.
Gearbox leak on Infiniti QX30, origin and manifestation
If you have noticed an oil stain on the ground, you will need to validate that this leak is in actual fact coming from the gearbox of your Infiniti QX30. To achieve this, you will need to go under your car and follow the oil leak. If it is transmission oil, it must be coming from your gearbox sump or an adjacent room. Once confirmed, here are the possible origins of this transmission leak:
- A gearbox cap: If it’s improperly screwed on…
- Defective torque converter: Just present on automatic gearboxes.
- From the transmission oil sump: In the event it is cracked or broken
- One of your seals broken
How to fix a gearbox leak on Infiniti QX30?
After discovering the different origins of a gearbox or transmission oil leak on your Infiniti QX30, we will try to explain to you what are your options to repair this oil leak. Be aware that no matter the reason, after having identified a leak, you must go to a garage area to distinguish the exact origin of the leak, otherwise your gearbox might be irreparably broken. However, here is how the service of the garage area and the solutions that will be offered to you:
- Very often to distinguish the leak, the auto mechanic will have to dismantle your gearbox, which will require a high labour cost.
- If you’re lucky and it’s just a gasket, your auto mechanic will replace it and reassemble the gearbox of your Infiniti QX30, otherwise you’ll have to replace the whole gearbox
- At last, for the do-it-yourselfers, it is possible to use a sealing kit which is only powerful in the case of small leaks, this kit is worth around 40 euros
Prevention: How to avoid gearbox leaks on your Infiniti QX30?
There aren’t many alternatives to avoid gearbox leaks on your Infiniti QX30 , however here are the three most effective:
- Regular oil changes on your gearbox deck.
- Drain your gearbox and put new oil in it. If you want to know everything about this task, please browse our content on this subject matter.
- Use a specific additive for routine service of gearbox seals, these additives will restore flexibility and allow to plug slight leaks, you will locate some for a few dozen euros at Oscaro.
Price of a Infiniti QX30 gearbox
At last, we would like to give you an indication of how much it costs to replace the gearbox of a Infiniti QX30. As you have understood, gearbox problems generally lead to a whole replace of this part. It is hard to give you a precise price because based on the garage area the labour can vary a lot and based on your engine the part will as well have a different price, however, we estimate that the repair, labour included will cost you between 800 and 2000 euros , knowing that the part alone costs between 400 and 1000 euros.
If you want more tutorials on the Infiniti QX30, go to our Infiniti QX30 category.