Today we will try to help you fix a problem that can be irritating, and if not taken on time become a financial drain. In fact, spotting a leak on your vehicle is hardly ever reassuring, and it is even less calming when it’s a gearbox leak on your Hyundai Veloster . Today, we’re going to help you verify that it’s in fact a gearbox leak, then, how to remedy a gearbox or transmission leak, then, give you some prevention suggestions, and, finally, give you an idea of the price of the gearbox of a Hyundai Veloster.
Gearbox leak on Hyundai Veloster, origin and manifestation
If you have spotted an oil stain on the ground, you will need to ensure that this leak is in fact based on the gearbox of your Hyundai Veloster. To do this, you will need to go under your vehicle and follow the oil leak. If it is transmission oil, it must be based on your gearbox sump or an adjacent room. Once verified, here are the possible roots of this transmission leak:
- A gearbox cap: If it’s improperly screwed on…
- Defective torque converter: Just present on automatic gearboxes.
- From the transmission oil sump: In the event that it is cracked or damaged
- One of your seals damaged
How to fix a gearbox leak on Hyundai Veloster?
After discovering the different roots of a gearbox or transmission oil leak on your Hyundai Veloster, we will try to show you to you what are your options to remedy this oil leak. Bear in mind that whatever the case, after having identified a leak, you must go to a mechanic to identify the exact origin of the leak, in any other case your gearbox might be irreparably damaged. Nevertheless, here is how the service of the mechanic and the solutions that will be offered to you:
- Very often to identify the leak, the auto mechanic will have to dismantle your gearbox, which will involve a high labour cost.
- If you’re lucky and it’s just a gasket, your auto mechanic will replace it and reassemble the gearbox of your Hyundai Veloster, in any other case you’ll have to replace the whole gearbox
- Finally, for the do-it-yourselfers, it is possible to use a sealing kit which is just effective in the case of small leaks, this kit is worth around 40 euros
Prevention: How to avoid gearbox leaks on your Hyundai Veloster?
There aren’t many solutions to avoid gearbox leaks on your Hyundai Veloster , however here are the three most effective:
- Frequent oil changes on your gearbox deck.
- Drain your gearbox and put new oil in it. If you want to know everything about this action, please go through our content on this subject matter.
- Use a specific additive for maintenance of gearbox seals, these additives will restore flexibility and enable to plug moderate leaks, you will find some for a few dozen euros at Oscaro.
Price of a Hyundai Veloster gearbox
Finally, we would like to give you an idea of how much it costs to replace the gearbox of a Hyundai Veloster. As you have realized, gearbox problems generally lead to a whole replace of this part. It is tricky to give you a precise price because based on the mechanic the labour can vary a lot and based on your engine the part will also have a different price, however, we estimate that the repair, labour included will cost you between 800 and 2000 euros , knowing that the part alone costs between 400 and 1000 euros.
If you wish more tutorials on the Hyundai Veloster, go to our Hyundai Veloster category.