You’re likely thinking about your first car, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your second-hand car search you have likely figured out that the Toyota Yaris of “companies” are much cheaper to buy and seems to be an interesting offer. Nevertheless, these Toyota Yaris only have 2 seats and will therefore involve a conversion to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to see in this content page how to convert a 2-seater Toyota Yaris into a 5-seater , to do this, first, we will make a summary of the essential key actions to be taken, then, we will see what are the modifications to be done on the automobile, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to finalize the conversion of your Toyota Yaris company into a 5-seater.
The main key steps to convert a Toyota Yaris 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to respect if you want to to pass your Toyota Yaris company or commercial in 5 places:
- Add the missing seats and seat belts.
- Get the certificate of conformity from the company
- Take his Toyota Yaris to the roadworthiness evaluation to have the changes checked
- To run his car through mine control.
- Alert your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be done on the automobile to convert a Toyota Yaris 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will consequently commence our content page on the transformation of a Toyota Yaris 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be performed directly on the automobile in order to allow it to be recognized as a Toyota Yaris 5-seater.
Convert its Toyota Yaris to 5 seaters alone
If you want to do a majority of the process yourself, you should know that it will be complicated. In truth, the car companies make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Toyota Yaris easy only for the manufacturers, here are the motives:
- You will have to get a certificate of conformity, which will necessitate a visit to the automobile by a professional.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Toyota Yaris into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Put in the kit according to the tightening standards (torque)
For all these explanations, it is easier to call on an approved technical who will undertake these actions in conformity with the manufacturer’s requirements.
If you still desire to carry out the conversion of your new Toyota Yaris on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your region to find the needed parts and search for manufacturer information related to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion achieved by a professional
If you want to convert your Toyota Yaris 2-seater into a 5-seater at a professional, you have made the easiest decision. Indeed, he will have a easier access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will enable you to carry out the following steps without the slightest apprehension.
The administrative steps that must be taken to convert a Toyota Yaris into 5 places
Now that we have seen the first technical steps in the transformation of a Toyota Yaris 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now take on the administrative stage.
The different steps to be executed in order to have one’s Toyota Yaris 2 places recognized as a 5 places
You will discover down below, the different steps to respect in order to be ok with the law to drive your Toyota Yaris converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes done on your Toyota Yaris, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be important to adhere to all the steps fairly quickly.
- You have to bring the automobile to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on a vehicle.
- Take the automobile to the mine so that they can testify to the change in the number of seats in your Toyota Yaris li>
- Apply for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Toyota Yarisinto 5 places
Finally last part, to give you a good idea of the price that the passage of a Toyota Yaris 2 seats to 5 seats can generate, it is required to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is crucial to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Toyota Yaris company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
To get more tips on the Toyota Yaris, take a look at the Toyota Yaris category.