You’re most probably in the instance of purchasing your first car, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your second-hand car investigation you have most probably discovered that the Toyota Yaris 2 of “companies” are much less expensive to buy and appears to be an appealing option. On the other hand, these Toyota Yaris 2 only have 2 seats and will therefore need a conversion to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to find out in this article how to convert a 2-seater Toyota Yaris 2 into a 5-seater , to achieve this, first, we will make a summary of the essential key actions to be taken, then, we will find out what are the modifications to be made on the car, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to complete the conversion of your Toyota Yaris 2 company into a 5-seater.
The main key guidelines to convert a Toyota Yaris 2 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to respect if you want to to pass your Toyota Yaris 2 company or commercial in 5 places:
- Add the missing seats and seat belts.
- Get the certificate of conformity from the company
- Take his Toyota Yaris 2 to the roadworthiness evaluation to have the changes checked
- To run his car through mine control.
- Notify your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be made on the vehicle to convert a Toyota Yaris 2 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will therefore start our article on the transformation of a Toyota Yaris 2 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be accomplished straight on the car to be able to allow it to be established as a Toyota Yaris 2 5-seater.
Convert its Toyota Yaris 2 to 5 seaters without help
If you want to do most of the process your self, you should know that it will be hard to do. In fact, the manufacturers make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Toyota Yaris 2 easy only for the manufacturers, here are the explanations:
- You will have to obtain a certificate of conformity, which will need a visit to the car by a professional.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Toyota Yaris 2 into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Install the kit according to the tightening standards (torque)
For all these explanations, it is less complicated to call on an approved technical who will accomplish these actions in compliance with the manufacturer’s requirements.
If you still wish to undertake the transformation of your new Toyota Yaris 2 on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your region to find the necessary parts and look for manufacturer information related to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion carried out by a professional
If you want to convert your Toyota Yaris 2 2-seater into a 5-seater at a professional, you have made the least complicated decision. Indeed, he will have a easier access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will enable you to execute the following steps without the slightest apprehension.
The administrative steps that should be adopted to convert a Toyota Yaris 2 into 5 places
Now that we have seen the first technical steps in the transformation of a Toyota Yaris 2 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now take on the administrative action.
The different steps to be completed in order to have one’s Toyota Yaris 2 2 places approved as a 5 places
You will find down below, the different steps to respect in order to be ok with the law to drive your Toyota Yaris 2 converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes made on your Toyota Yaris 2, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be vital to follow all the steps quickly.
- You have to bring the car to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on a vehicle.
- Take the car to the mine so that they can confirm to the change in the number of seats in your Toyota Yaris 2 li>
- Search for for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Toyota Yaris 2into 5 places
Finally last part, to give you a good idea of the cost that the passage of a Toyota Yaris 2 2 seats to 5 seats can be, it is important to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is necessary to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Toyota Yaris 2 company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
If you wish more tutorials on the Toyota Yaris 2, go to our Toyota Yaris 2 category.