You’re most probably in the instance of purchasing your first car, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your second-hand car searches you have most probably noticed that the Renault Clio 3 of “companies” are much cheaper to purchase and appears to be an appealing offer. On the other hand, these Renault Clio 3 only have 2 seats and will therefore involve a transformation to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to find out in this content page how to convert a 2-seater Renault Clio 3 into a 5-seater , to get this done, first, we will make a summary of the essential key actions to be taken, then, we will find out what are the modifications to be done on the vehicle, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to complete the conversion of your Renault Clio 3 company into a 5-seater.
The main key steps to convert a Renault Clio 3 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to respect if you want to to pass your Renault Clio 3 company or commercial in 5 places:
- Fit the missing seats and seat belts.
- Get the certificate of conformity from the producer
- Take his Renault Clio 3 to the roadworthiness evaluation to have the changes validated
- To run his car through mine control.
- Inform your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be done on the car to convert a Renault Clio 3 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will therefore start our content page on the transformation of a Renault Clio 3 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be carried out directly on the vehicle to be able to enable it to be established as a Renault Clio 3 5-seater.
Convert its Renault Clio 3 to 5 seaters on his own
If you want to do most of the process yourself, you should know that it will be challenging. In fact, the manufacturers make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Renault Clio 3 easy only for the manufacturers, here are the explanations:
- You will have to get a certificate of conformity, which will need a visit to the vehicle by a professional.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Renault Clio 3 into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Set up the kit according to the tightening standards (torque)
For all these aspects, it is less complicated to call on an approved mechanic who will perform these actions in compliance with the manufacturer’s criteria.
If you still wish to undertake the conversion of your new Renault Clio 3 on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your area to get the necessary parts and search for manufacturer information relating to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion done by a professional
If you want to convert your Renault Clio 3 2-seater into a 5-seater at a professional, you have made the easiest decision. In truth, he will have a much simpler access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will let you to carry out the following steps without the slightest pressure.
The administrative steps to be taken to convert a Renault Clio 3 into 5 places
Now that we have been through the first technical steps in the transformation of a Renault Clio 3 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now handle the administrative step.
The different steps to be accomplished in order to have one’s Renault Clio 3 2 places authorized as a 5 places
You will find below, the different steps to respect in order to be ok with the law to drive your Renault Clio 3 converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes done on your Renault Clio 3, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be important to stick to all the steps quickly.
- You have to bring the vehicle to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on an automobile.
- Take the vehicle to the mine so that they can testify to the change in the number of seats in your Renault Clio 3 li>
- Apply for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Renault Clio 3into 5 places
Finally last part, to give you a good idea of the price that the passage of a Renault Clio 3 2 seats to 5 seats can reprensent, it is important to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is necessary to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Renault Clio 3 company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Renault Clio 3, do not hesitate to consult our Renault Clio 3 category.