You’re almost certainly in the instance of purchasing your first car, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your used car search you have almost certainly realized that the Ram ProMaster City of “companies” are much less expensive to purchase and seems to be an appealing offer. Nevertheless, these Ram ProMaster City only have 2 seats and will therefore involve a transformation to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to discover in this content how to convert a 2-seater Ram ProMaster City into a 5-seater , to get this done, first, we will make a brief explanation of the essential key actions to be taken, then, we will discover what are the modifications to be done on the vehicle, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to finalize the conversion of your Ram ProMaster City company into a 5-seater.
The main key actions to convert a Ram ProMaster City 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to follow if you want to to pass your Ram ProMaster City company or commercial in 5 places:
- Put in the missing seats and seat belts.
- Obtain the certificate of conformity from the manufacturer
- Take his Ram ProMaster City to the roadworthiness testing to have the changes validated
- To run his car through mine control.
- Alert your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be done on the car to convert a Ram ProMaster City 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will so start our content on the transformation of a Ram ProMaster City 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be done directly on the vehicle in order to allow it to be established as a Ram ProMaster City 5-seater.
Convert its Ram ProMaster City to 5 seaters alone
If you want to do the majority of the work your self, you should know that it will be difficult. In truth, the companies make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Ram ProMaster City easy only for the manufacturers, here are the motives:
- You will have to get a certificate of conformity, which will necessitate a visit to the vehicle by a specialist.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Ram ProMaster City into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Set up the kit as indicated by the tightening standards (torque)
For all these reasons, it is less difficult to contact an approved mechanic who will conduct these actions in conformity with the manufacturer’s specifications.
If you still desire to undertake the conversion of your new Ram ProMaster City on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your area to get the required parts and look for manufacturer information related to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion done by a specialist
If you want to convert your Ram ProMaster City 2-seater into a 5-seater at a specialist, you have made the least complicated decision. Obviously, he will have a easier access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will let you to carry out the following steps without the slightest pressure.
The administrative steps that should be taken to convert a Ram ProMaster City into 5 places
Now that we have seen the first technical steps in the transformation of a Ram ProMaster City 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now tackle the administrative action.
The different steps to be performed in order to have one’s Ram ProMaster City 2 places authorized as a 5 places
You will find down below, the different steps to follow in order to be ok with the law to drive your Ram ProMaster City converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes done on your Ram ProMaster City, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be vital to follow all the steps soon.
- You have to bring the vehicle to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on an automobile.
- Take the vehicle to the mine so that they can testify to the change in the number of seats in your Ram ProMaster City li>
- Search for for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Ram ProMaster Cityinto 5 places
Finally last part, to give you a good idea of the price that the passage of a Ram ProMaster City 2 seats to 5 seats can be, it is necessary to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is necessary to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Ram ProMaster City company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Ram ProMaster City, do not hesitate to consult our Ram ProMaster City category.