You’re most likely in the instance of purchasing your first motor vehicle, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your second-hand car search you have most likely discovered that the Porsche 911 of “companies” are less expensive to purchase and appears to be an interesting offer. Nevertheless, these Porsche 911 only have 2 seats and will therefore involve a transformation to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to discover in this content page how to convert a 2-seater Porsche 911 into a 5-seater , to accomplish this, first, we will make a brief explanation of the most important key actions that should be taken, then, we will discover what are the modifications to be made on the automobile, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to complete the conversion of your Porsche 911 company into a 5-seater.
The main key actions to convert a Porsche 911 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to follow if you want to to pass your Porsche 911 company or commercial in 5 places:
- Put in the missing seats and seat belts.
- Get the certificate of conformity from the manufacturer
- Take his Porsche 911 to the roadworthiness assessment to have the changes confirmed
- To run his car through mine control.
- Report to your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be made on the car to convert a Porsche 911 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will therefore commence our content page on the transformation of a Porsche 911 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be executed straight on the automobile in order to allow it to be recognized as a Porsche 911 5-seater.
Convert its Porsche 911 to 5 seaters alone
If you want to do a majority of the work yourself, you should know that it will be complicated. In reality, the car companies make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Porsche 911 easy only for the manufacturers, here are the motives:
- You will have to obtain a certificate of conformity, which will necessitate a visit to the automobile by a professional.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Porsche 911 into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Set up the kit as outlined by the tightening standards (torque)
For all these aspects, it is less difficult to call on an approved mechanic who will undertake these actions in compliance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
If you still want to carry out the conversion of your new Porsche 911 on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your region to obtain the necessary parts and search for manufacturer information relating to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion carried out by a professional
If you want to convert your Porsche 911 2-seater into a 5-seater at a professional, you have made the least complicated decision. In reality, he will have a easier access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will allow you to conduct the following steps without the slightest stress.
The administrative steps that must be taken to convert a Porsche 911 into 5 places
Now that we have discovered the first technical steps in the transformation of a Porsche 911 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now handle the administrative action.
The different steps to be performed in order to have one’s Porsche 911 2 places recognized as a 5 places
You will find down below, the different steps to follow in order to be ok with the law to drive your Porsche 911 converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes made on your Porsche 911, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be important to stick to all the steps as soon as possible.
- You have to bring the automobile to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on an automobile.
- Take the automobile to the mine so that they can testify to the change in the number of seats in your Porsche 911 li>
- Apply for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Porsche 911into 5 places
Finally last part, to give you an idea of the cost that the passage of a Porsche 911 2 seats to 5 seats can generate, it is important to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is crucial to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Porsche 911 company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
To get more tips on the Porsche 911, take a look at the Porsche 911 category.