You’re most probably ready to buy your first motor vehicle, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your second hand car searches you have most probably figured out that the Peugeot 106 of “companies” are much less expensive to buy and appears to be an interesting offer. On the other hand, these Peugeot 106 only have 2 seats and will therefore involve a conversion to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to see in this content how to convert a 2-seater Peugeot 106 into a 5-seater , to do this, first, we will make a summary of the essential key guidelines to be taken, then, we will see what are the modifications to be made on the car, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to complete the conversion of your Peugeot 106 company into a 5-seater.
The main key steps to convert a Peugeot 106 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to respect if you want to to pass your Peugeot 106 company or commercial in 5 places:
- Install the missing seats and seat belts.
- Obtain the certificate of conformity from the company
- Take his Peugeot 106 to the roadworthiness evaluation to have the changes validated
- To run his car through mine control.
- Report to your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be made on the car to convert a Peugeot 106 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will so begin our content on the transformation of a Peugeot 106 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be undertaken straight on the car in order to allow it to be established as a Peugeot 106 5-seater.
Convert its Peugeot 106 to 5 seaters all alone
If you want to do most of the work yourself, you should know that it will be complicated. Indeed, the producers make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Peugeot 106 easy only for the manufacturers, here are the motives:
- You will have to get a certificate of conformity, which will necessitate a visit to the car by a professional.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Peugeot 106 into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Install the kit as outlined by the tightening standards (torque)
For all these explanations, it is much easier to call on an approved mechanic who will carry out these actions in conformity with the manufacturer’s specifications.
If you still desire to undertake the conversion of your new Peugeot 106 on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your region to obtain the necessary parts and look for manufacturer information relating to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion performed by a professional
If you want to convert your Peugeot 106 2-seater into a 5-seater at a professional, you have made the easiest resolution. In fact, he will have a much simpler access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will enable you to perform the following steps without the slightest stress.
The administrative steps that must be taken to convert a Peugeot 106 into 5 places
Now that we have seen the first technical steps in the transformation of a Peugeot 106 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now tackle the administrative action.
The different steps to be done in order to have one’s Peugeot 106 2 places authorized as a 5 places
You will find below, the different steps to respect in order to be ok with the law to drive your Peugeot 106 converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes made on your Peugeot 106, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be vital to adhere to all the steps soon.
- You have to bring the car to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on a car.
- Take the car to the mine so that they can attest to the change in the number of seats in your Peugeot 106 li>
- Apply for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Peugeot 106into 5 places
Finally last part, to give you a good idea of the price that the passage of a Peugeot 106 2 seats to 5 seats can generate, it is necessary to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is crucial to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Peugeot 106 company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Peugeot 106, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot 106 category.