You’re most likely in the instance of purchasing your first motor vehicle, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your second-hand car investigation you have most likely noticed that the Lexus GS of “companies” are much cheaper to buy and appears to be an interesting offer. On the other hand, these Lexus GS only have 2 seats and will therefore necessitate a conversion to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to discover in this content page how to convert a 2-seater Lexus GS into a 5-seater , to achieve this, first, we will make a brief explanation of the main key actions that must be taken, then, we will discover what are the modifications to be done on the vehicle, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to complete the conversion of your Lexus GS company into a 5-seater.
The main key methods to convert a Lexus GS 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to respect if you want to to pass your Lexus GS company or commercial in 5 places:
- Put in the missing seats and seat belts.
- Obtain the certificate of conformity from the producer
- Take his Lexus GS to the roadworthiness testing to have the changes validated
- To run his car through mine control.
- Alert your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be done on the automobile to convert a Lexus GS 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will consequently start our content page on the transformation of a Lexus GS 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be carried out directly on the vehicle to be able to allow it to be recognized as a Lexus GS 5-seater.
Convert its Lexus GS to 5 seaters on his own
If you want to do most of the work on your own, you should know that it will be complicated. In fact, the producers make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Lexus GS easy only for the manufacturers, here are the reasons:
- You will have to obtain a certificate of conformity, which will require a visit to the vehicle by a professional.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Lexus GS into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Install the kit as outlined by the tightening standards (torque)
For all these reasons, it is less difficult to ask an approved auto mechanic who will execute these actions in compliance with the manufacturer’s standards.
If you still desire to undertake the conversion of your new Lexus GS on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your area to find the needed parts and search for manufacturer information related to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion performed by a professional
If you want to convert your Lexus GS 2-seater into a 5-seater at a professional, you have made the least complicated resolution. In reality, he will have a much simpler access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will allow you to accomplish the following steps without the slightest apprehension.
The administrative steps that should be adopted to convert a Lexus GS into 5 places
Now that we have discovered the first technical steps in the transformation of a Lexus GS 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now tackle the administrative step.
The different steps to be performed in order to have one’s Lexus GS 2 places accepted as a 5 places
You will discover down below, the different steps to respect in order to be ok with the law to drive your Lexus GS converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes done on your Lexus GS, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be crucial to follow all the steps soon.
- You have to bring the vehicle to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on a car.
- Take the vehicle to the mine so that they can confirm to the change in the number of seats in your Lexus GS li>
- Search for for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Lexus GSinto 5 places
Finally last part, to give you an idea of the cost that the passage of a Lexus GS 2 seats to 5 seats can generate, it is necessary to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is necessary to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Lexus GS company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
If you want more tutorials on the Lexus GS, go to our Lexus GS category.