You’re likely in the instance of purchasing your first car, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your second hand car search you have likely realized that the Kia Sorento of “companies” are more affordable to purchase and appears to be an appealing offer. However, these Kia Sorento only have 2 seats and will therefore require a transformation to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to find out in this article how to convert a 2-seater Kia Sorento into a 5-seater , to accomplish this, first, we will make an overview of the main key actions to be taken, then, we will find out what are the modifications to be made on the car, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to finalize the conversion of your Kia Sorento company into a 5-seater.
The main key actions to convert a Kia Sorento 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to follow if you want to to pass your Kia Sorento company or commercial in 5 places:
- Fit the missing seats and seat belts.
- Obtain the certificate of conformity from the manufacturer
- Take his Kia Sorento to the roadworthiness evaluation to have the changes validated
- To run his car through mine control.
- Inform your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be made on the automobile to convert a Kia Sorento 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will so begin our article on the transformation of a Kia Sorento 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be carried out directly on the car to be able to allow it to be recognized as a Kia Sorento 5-seater.
Convert its Kia Sorento to 5 seaters alone
If you want to do most of the work your self, you should know that it will be complicated. In reality, the companies make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Kia Sorento easy only for the manufacturers, here are the reasons:
- You will have to get a certificate of conformity, which will necessitate a visit to the car by a professional.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Kia Sorento into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Put in the kit according to the tightening standards (torque)
For all these factors, it is easier to call on an approved auto technician who will perform these actions in conformity with the manufacturer’s criteria.
If you still wish to undertake the transformation of your new Kia Sorento on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your region to obtain the required parts and search for manufacturer information related to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion achieved by a professional
If you want to convert your Kia Sorento 2-seater into a 5-seater at a professional, you have made the least difficult resolution. In fact, he will have a much simpler access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will let you to conduct the following steps without the slightest pressure.
The administrative steps to be taken to convert a Kia Sorento into 5 places
Now that we have been through the first technical steps in the transformation of a Kia Sorento 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now tackle the administrative stage.
The different steps to be conducted in order to have one’s Kia Sorento 2 places approved as a 5 places
You will discover down below, the different steps to follow in order to be ok with the law to drive your Kia Sorento converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes made on your Kia Sorento, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be crucial to adhere to all the steps quickly.
- You have to bring the car to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on a car.
- Take the car to the mine so that they can confirm to the change in the number of seats in your Kia Sorento li>
- Apply for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Kia Sorentointo 5 places
Finally last part, to give you an idea of the cost that the passage of a Kia Sorento 2 seats to 5 seats can be, it is important to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is crucial to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Kia Sorento company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Kia Sorento, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Sorento category.