You’re most certainly thinking about your first motor vehicle, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your second-hand car investigation you have most certainly discovered that the Genesis G80 of “companies” are much less expensive to buy and appears to be an interesting option. On the other hand, these Genesis G80 only have 2 seats and will therefore require a transformation to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to find out in this article content how to convert a 2-seater Genesis G80 into a 5-seater , to achieve this, first, we will make a summary of the main key guidelines to be taken, then, we will find out what are the modifications to be made on the vehicle, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to finalize the conversion of your Genesis G80 company into a 5-seater.
The main key methods to convert a Genesis G80 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to follow if you want to to pass your Genesis G80 company or commercial in 5 places:
- Add the missing seats and seat belts.
- Get the certificate of conformity from the producer
- Take his Genesis G80 to the roadworthiness evaluation to have the changes checked
- To run his car through mine control.
- Alert your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be made on the car to convert a Genesis G80 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will so start our article content on the transformation of a Genesis G80 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be conducted directly on the vehicle in order to enable it to be accepted as a Genesis G80 5-seater.
Convert its Genesis G80 to 5 seaters without help
If you want to do most of the work your self, you should know that it will be hard to do. Indeed, the companies make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Genesis G80 easy only for the manufacturers, here are the motives:
- You will have to obtain a certificate of conformity, which will require a visit to the vehicle by a professional.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Genesis G80 into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Put in the kit as indicated by the tightening standards (torque)
For all these reasons, it is less complicated to call on an approved technician who will undertake these actions in compliance with the manufacturer’s standards.
If you still want to undertake the conversion of your new Genesis G80 on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your area to find the required parts and search for manufacturer information linked to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion performed by a professional
If you want to convert your Genesis G80 2-seater into a 5-seater at a professional, you have made the least complicated decision. Obviously, he will have a much simpler access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will allow you to conduct the following steps without the slightest stress.
The administrative steps that should be taken to convert a Genesis G80 into 5 places
Now that we have seen the first technical steps in the transformation of a Genesis G80 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now handle the administrative action.
The different steps to be executed in order to have one’s Genesis G80 2 places approved as a 5 places
You will discover down below, the different steps to follow in order to be ok with the law to drive your Genesis G80 converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes made on your Genesis G80, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be vital to adhere to all the steps fairly quickly.
- You have to bring the vehicle to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on a car.
- Take the vehicle to the mine so that they can testify to the change in the number of seats in your Genesis G80 li>
- Apply for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Genesis G80into 5 places
Finally last part, to give you a good idea of the cost that the passage of a Genesis G80 2 seats to 5 seats can reprensent, it is necessary to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is crucial to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Genesis G80 company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
If you want more guides on the Genesis G80, go to our Genesis G80 category.