You’re probably thinking about your first car, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your used car investigation you have probably discovered that the Ford Mondeo of “companies” are more affordable to buy and seems to be an appealing option. On the other hand, these Ford Mondeo only have 2 seats and will therefore involve a conversion to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to find out in this article content how to convert a 2-seater Ford Mondeo into a 5-seater , to get this done, first, we will make a summary of the main key actions that should be taken, then, we will find out what are the modifications to be done on the vehicle, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to finalize the conversion of your Ford Mondeo company into a 5-seater.
The main key guidelines to convert a Ford Mondeo 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to respect if you want to to pass your Ford Mondeo company or commercial in 5 places:
- Fit the missing seats and seat belts.
- Obtain the certificate of conformity from the manufacturer
- Take his Ford Mondeo to the roadworthiness testing to have the changes confirmed
- To run his car through mine control.
- Alert your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be done on the automobile to convert a Ford Mondeo 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will consequently commence our article content on the transformation of a Ford Mondeo 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be done directly on the vehicle in order to allow it to be established as a Ford Mondeo 5-seater.
Convert its Ford Mondeo to 5 seaters all alone
If you want to do the majority of the process your self, you should know that it will be challenging. In fact, the car companies make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Ford Mondeo easy only for the manufacturers, here are the reasons:
- You will have to get a certificate of conformity, which will require a visit to the vehicle by a professional.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Ford Mondeo into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Fit the kit as indicated by the tightening standards (torque)
For all these factors, it is less difficult to call on an approved technician who will execute these actions in compliance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
If you still desire to undertake the conversion of your new Ford Mondeo on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your area to find the needed parts and look for manufacturer information relating to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion carried out by a professional
If you want to convert your Ford Mondeo 2-seater into a 5-seater at a professional, you have made the least complicated decision. Obviously, he will have a easier access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will let you to perform the following steps without the slightest stress.
The administrative steps that should be taken to convert a Ford Mondeo into 5 places
Now that we have discovered the first technical steps in the transformation of a Ford Mondeo 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now tackle the administrative stage.
The different steps to be executed in order to have one’s Ford Mondeo 2 places accepted as a 5 places
You will find below, the different steps to respect in order to be ok with the law to drive your Ford Mondeo converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes done on your Ford Mondeo, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be important to adhere to all the steps as soon as possible.
- You have to bring the vehicle to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on a car.
- Take the vehicle to the mine so that they can attest to the change in the number of seats in your Ford Mondeo li>
- Search for for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Ford Mondeointo 5 places
Finally last part, to give you an idea of the cost that the passage of a Ford Mondeo 2 seats to 5 seats can generate, it is necessary to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is crucial to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Ford Mondeo company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
If you have any further questions about the Ford Mondeo, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Mondeo category.