You’re likely in the instance of purchasing your first car, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your used car investigation you have likely noticed that the Acura MDX of “companies” are much less expensive to purchase and seems to be an interesting option. Nevertheless, these Acura MDX only have 2 seats and will therefore involve a transformation to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to see in this content page how to convert a 2-seater Acura MDX into a 5-seater , to do this, first, we will make an overview of the most important key actions that should be taken, then, we will see what are the modifications to be done on the car, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to finalize the conversion of your Acura MDX company into a 5-seater.
The main key guidelines to convert a Acura MDX 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to respect if you want to to pass your Acura MDX company or commercial in 5 places:
- Put in the missing seats and seat belts.
- Obtain the certificate of conformity from the manufacturer
- Take his Acura MDX to the roadworthiness evaluation to have the changes checked
- To run his car through mine control.
- Alert your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be done on the car to convert a Acura MDX 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will consequently start our content page on the transformation of a Acura MDX 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be undertaken straight on the car to be able to enable it to be accepted as a Acura MDX 5-seater.
Convert its Acura MDX to 5 seaters on his own
If you want to do most of the process your self, you should know that it will be difficult. Indeed, the manufacturers make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Acura MDX easy only for the manufacturers, here are the motives:
- You will have to get a certificate of conformity, which will necessitate a visit to the car by a specialist.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Acura MDX into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Set up the kit as indicated by the tightening standards (torque)
For all these reasons, it is more convenient to call on an approved auto technician who will conduct these actions in conformity with the manufacturer’s requirements.
If you still want to carry out the conversion of your new Acura MDX on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your area to obtain the required parts and look for manufacturer information related to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion carried out by a specialist
If you want to convert your Acura MDX 2-seater into a 5-seater at a specialist, you have made the simplest resolution. Surely, he will have a easier access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will enable you to perform the following steps without the slightest pressure.
The administrative steps that should be adopted to convert a Acura MDX into 5 places
Now that we have discovered the first technical steps in the transformation of a Acura MDX 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now tackle the administrative step.
The different steps to be performed in order to have one’s Acura MDX 2 places recognized as a 5 places
You will discover below, the different steps to respect in order to be ok with the law to drive your Acura MDX converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes done on your Acura MDX, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be crucial to adhere to all the steps quickly.
- You have to bring the car to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on a vehicle.
- Take the car to the mine so that they can attest to the change in the number of seats in your Acura MDX li>
- Apply for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Acura MDXinto 5 places
Finally last part, to give you a good idea of the price that the passage of a Acura MDX 2 seats to 5 seats can generate, it is necessary to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is necessary to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Acura MDX company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
If you have any additional questions about the Acura MDX, do not hesitate to consult our Acura MDX category.