You have not long ago bought a new automobile, or you just heard of Android Auto and you too desire to experience it. This is totally usual, why deprive yourself of 100 % free and efficient service, whether to listen to your music, use the gps, or make calls, the application is complete. In this guide we will demonstrate how to connect Android Auto to your Kia Rio. To accomplish this, first, we will look into what Android Auto is and what it is used for, then we will move on to installing Android Auto and connecting to your Kia Rio, and to finish what solution is available to you if your Kia Rio is not built with Android Auto compatible systems.
Android Auto on Kia Rio, what is it?
You’ve already been aware of Android Auto, but you don’t know really what it is all about? We will just clarify the intent of this application and what advantages there may be in setting it up on your Kia Rio. Android Auto is a Google program, it aims to integrate all your smartphone into your automobile. Actually, Google has noticed that today’s autos lack included technology. They have therefore thought about the best option to integrate their operating system into your automobile. Their program provides some important features that will improve your automobile journey. Additionally, it will give you the possibility to stay connected without taking any risks while driving. activating Android Auto on Kia Rio gives you access to a number of features, voicis:
- Keep the best of your phone on the screen of your Kia Rio
- To be able to make calls to the speakers of your automobile
- Listen to your favorite music with Google Music or your classic software programs like Spotify or Deezer
- Control your smartphone by voice
- Have your messages read to you, dictate your answers to Android Auto which will transform them into a written message
How to connect Android Auto on Kia Rio?
In this second part, we will look into the approach to do to set up Android Auto on Kia Rio. Whether you have a compatible screen or not, there is a way to benefit of this program that will make your automobile journeys more enjoyable.
Tutorial: Activating Android Auto on your Kia Rio
Now is the time to install Android Auto on your Kia Rio. Thanks to this guide we will describe the several steps of this method, and put you on alert on the elements that can pose problems, here we go:
- Examine the compatibility of your mobile with Android Auto (minimum version 5.1 Lollipop), don’t forget to update your smartphone if it is not up to date.
- Download the Android Auto application from your Google Play
- Launch the Android Auto application, it will check, at its first opening, that all the necessary applications are up to date.
- Connect your phone with Bluetooth on your vehicle, if you don’t know how to do it, check our article on to connect or activate Android Auto on your Kia Rio to find out how to do it.
- Once your phone is connected via Bluetooth on your car, starting the application should connect Android auto to your Kia Rio.
- If this connection does not work, try to connect it first in USB (ignition on) and then activate Bluetooth afterwards
I don’t have a compatible screen on my Kia Rio but I still want to benefit from Android Auto:
When, after verifying, your Kia Rio is not compatible with Android Auto, you still have the alternative to use this program in another way. Actually, you will be able to use your phone’s screen as an Android Auto interface. For that, nothing could be easier:
In the event that you have any further questions about the Kia Rio, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Rio category.