You have only just acquired a new automobile, or you just been aware of Android Auto and you too want to experience it. This is quite usual, why deprive yourself of 100 % free and helpful program, whether to listen to your music, use the gps, or make calls, the application is full. In this content we will demonstrate how to connect Android Auto to your Honda Ridgeline. To accomplish this, initially, we will look at what Android Auto is and what it is used for, then we will move on to installing Android Auto and connecting to your Honda Ridgeline, and to finish what solution is existing to you if your Honda Ridgeline is not built with Android Auto compatible devices.
Android Auto on Honda Ridgeline, what is it?
You’ve already heard about Android Auto, but you don’t understand specifically what it is all about? We will simply describe the objective of this application and what positive aspects there may be in setting it up on your Honda Ridgeline. Android Auto is a Google program, it is designed to incorporate all your mobile phone into your automobile. In fact, Google has noticed that today’s autos lack integrated technology. They have as a result thought about the best strategy to integrate their operating system into your automobile. Their service provides some useful features that will improve your automobile journey. Additionally, it will allow you to stay connected without taking any risks while driving. activating Android Auto on Honda Ridgeline gives you access to a number of advantages, voicis:
- Keep the best of your smart phone on the screen of your Honda Ridgeline
- To be able to call someone on the speakers of your vehicle
- Listen to your favorite music with Google Music or your classic software programs like Spotify or Deezer
- Monitor your mobile phone by voice
- Have your messages read to you, dictate your answers to Android Auto which will transform them into a text message
How to connect Android Auto on Honda Ridgeline?
In this second part, we will look at the process to do to set up Android Auto on Honda Ridgeline. Regardless of you have a compatible screen or not, there is a possibility to get benefit of this service that will make your automobile journeys more enjoyable.
Tutorial: Activating Android Auto on your Honda Ridgeline
Now is the time to install Android Auto on your Honda Ridgeline. Thanks to this tutorial we will describe the different steps of this process, and put you on alert on the aspects that can pose concerns, here we go:
- Examine the compatibility of your mobile phone with Android Auto (minimum version 5.1 Lollipop), don’t forget to update your mobile phone if it is not up to date.
- Download the Android Auto application from your Google Play
- Start the Android Auto application, it will examine, at its first opening, that all the necessary applications are up to date.
- Connect your phone with Bluetooth on your automobile, if you don’t know how to do it, browse our content on to connect or activate Android Auto on your Honda Ridgeline to find out how to do it.
- Once your phone is connected via Bluetooth on your car, launching the application should connect Android auto to your Honda Ridgeline.
- If this connection does not work, try to connect it first in USB (ignition on) and then activate Bluetooth afterwards
I don’t have a compatible screen on my Honda Ridgeline but I still want to benefit from Android Auto:
If it happens, after examining, your Honda Ridgeline is not compatible with Android Auto, you still have the alternative to use this service in another way. In fact, you will be able to use your phone’s screen as an Android Auto interface. For that, nothing could be less difficult:
If you wish more tutorials on the Honda Ridgeline, go to our Honda Ridgeline category.