You have recently purchased a new vehicle, or you just been aware of Android Auto and you too desire to experience it. This is totally normal, why deprive yourself of free and helpful service, whether to listen to your music, use the gps, or make calls, the application is full. In this content we will describe how to connect Android Auto to your GMC Sierra. To achieve this, primary, we will look into what Android Auto is and what it is used for, then we will move on to installing Android Auto and connecting to your GMC Sierra, and at last what alternative is available to you if your GMC Sierra is not equipped with Android Auto compatible devices.
Android Auto on GMC Sierra, what is it?
You’ve already been aware of Android Auto, but you don’t know precisely what it is all about? We will simply demonstrate the goal of this application and what advantages there might be in setting it up on your GMC Sierra. Android Auto is a Google program, it aims to integrate all your phone into your vehicle. Actually, Google has noticed that today’s automobiles lack built-in technology. They have as a consequence thought about the best strategy to incorporate their operating system into your vehicle. Their program offers some useful features that will improve your vehicle journey. Moreover, it will allow you to stay connected without taking any risks while driving. activating Android Auto on GMC Sierra gives you access to a number of features, voicis:
- Keep the best of your mobile phone on the screen of your GMC Sierra
- To be able to make calls to the speakers of your automobile
- Listen to your favourite music with Google Music or your classic applications like Spotify or Deezer
- Monitor your phone by voice
- Have your messages read to you, dictate your answers to Android Auto which will transform them into a written message
How to connect Android Auto on GMC Sierra?
In this second part, we will look into the procedure to do to set up Android Auto on GMC Sierra. Regardless of you have a compatible screen or not, there is a possibility to take advantage of this program that will make your vehicle journeys more enjoyable.
Tutorial: Activating Android Auto on your GMC Sierra
Now is the time to install Android Auto on your GMC Sierra. Thanks to this article we will detail the several steps of this process, and put you on alert on the elements that can pose trouble, here we go:
- Examine the compatibility of your telephone with Android Auto (minimum version 5.1 Lollipop), make sure to update your phone if it is not up to date.
- Download the Android Auto application from your Google Play
- Launch the Android Auto application, it will examine, at its first opening, that all the necessary applications are up to date.
- Connect your phone with Bluetooth on your automobile, if you don’t know how to do it, browse our content on to connect or activate Android Auto on your GMC Sierra to find out how to do it.
- Once your phone is connected via Bluetooth on your car, launching the application should connect Android auto to your GMC Sierra.
- If this connection does not work, try to connect it first in USB (ignition on) and then activate Bluetooth afterwards
I don’t have a compatible screen on my GMC Sierra but I still want to benefit from Android Auto:
In case, after verifying, your GMC Sierra is not compatible with Android Auto, you still have the solution to use this program in another way. Actually, you will be able to use your phone’s screen as an Android Auto interface. For that, nothing could be less difficult:
To find more tips on the GMC Sierra, take a look at the GMC Sierra category.