You have fairly recently purchased a new automobile, or you just discovered Android Auto and you also desire to experience it. This is quite normal, why deprive yourself of free and powerful services, whether to listen to your music, use the gps, or make calls, the application is perfect. In this document we will describe how to connect Android Auto to your Ford Ranger. To accomplish this, first, we will look at what Android Auto is and what it is used for, then we will go forward to installing Android Auto and connecting to your Ford Ranger, and finally what alternative is available to you if your Ford Ranger is not equipped with Android Auto compatible systems.
Android Auto on Ford Ranger, what is it?
You’ve already read about Android Auto, but you don’t understand exactly what it is all about? We will just demonstrate the objective of this application and what advantages there may be in setting it up on your Ford Ranger. Android Auto is a Google program, it aims to include all your smart phone into your vehicle. Actually, Google has noticed that today’s autos lack built-in technology. They have as a result thought about the best strategy to incorporate their operating system into your automobile. Their program offers some notable features that will improve your vehicle experience. Additionally, it will give you the possibility to stay connected without taking any risks while driving. activating Android Auto on Ford Ranger gives you access to a number of features, voicis:
- Keep the best of your phone on the screen of your Ford Ranger
- To be able to call someone on the speakers of your vehicle
- Listen to your favourite music with Google Music or your classic applications like Spotify or Deezer
- Control your smart phone by voice
- Have your messages read to you, dictate your answers to Android Auto which will transform them into a text message
How to connect Android Auto on Ford Ranger?
In this second part, we will look at the method to do to set up Android Auto on Ford Ranger. Whether you have a compatible screen or not, there is a solution to get benefit of this program that will make your automobile journeys more pleasant.
Tutorial: Activating Android Auto on your Ford Ranger
Now is the time to install Android Auto on your Ford Ranger. Thanks to this article we will detail the different steps of this method, and put you on alert on the points that can pose complications, here we go:
- Check the compatibility of your smart phone with Android Auto (minimum version 5.1 Lollipop), remember to update your smart phone if it is not up to date.
- Download the Android Auto application from your Google Play
- Launch the Android Auto application, it will examine, at its first opening, that all the necessary applications are up to date.
- Connect your phone with Bluetooth on your vehicle, if you don’t know how to do it, look at our content on to connect or activate Android Auto on your Ford Ranger to find out how to do it.
- Once your phone is connected via Bluetooth on your car, starting the application should connect Android auto to your Ford Ranger.
- If this connection does not work, try to connect it first in USB (ignition on) and then activate Bluetooth afterwards
I don’t have a compatible screen on my Ford Ranger but I still want to benefit from Android Auto:
In case, after checking, your Ford Ranger is not compatible with Android Auto, you still have the alternative to use this program in another way. Actually, you will be able to use your phone’s screen as an Android Auto interface. For that, nothing could be less difficult:
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Ford Ranger, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Ranger category.