You have fairly recently bought a new car, or you just heard about Android Auto and you too desire to try it. This is quite usual, why deprive yourself of free of charge and effective service, whether to listen to your music, use the gps, or make calls, the application is full. In this document we will explain how to connect Android Auto to your Ford Edge. To achieve this, initially, we will look into what Android Auto is and what it is used for, then we will move on to installing Android Auto and connecting to your Ford Edge, and finally what alternative is existing to you if your Ford Edge is not built with Android Auto compatible devices.
Android Auto on Ford Edge, what is it?
You’ve already heard of Android Auto, but you don’t understand precisely what it is all about? We will just demonstrate the intent of this application and what advantages there may be in setting it up on your Ford Edge. Android Auto is a Google program, it is designed to incorporate all your mobile phone into your vehicle. In fact, Google has understood that today’s automobiles lack built-in technology. They have as a consequence thought about the best technique to incorporate their operating system into your car. Their program offers some useful features that will improve your vehicle journey. Additionally, it will give you the possibility to stay connected without taking any risks while driving. activating Android Auto on Ford Edge gives you access to a number of features, voicis:
- Keep the best of your phone on the screen of your Ford Edge
- To be able to make calls to the speakers of your vehicle
- Listen to your favorite music with Google Music or your classic applications like Spotify or Deezer
- Control your mobile phone by voice
- Have your messages read to you, dictate your answers to Android Auto which will transform them into a written message
How to connect Android Auto on Ford Edge?
In this second part, we will look into the process to do to set up Android Auto on Ford Edge. Whether you have a compatible screen or not, there is a possibility to benefit of this program that will make your car journeys more enjoyable.
Tutorial: Activating Android Auto on your Ford Edge
Now is the time to install Android Auto on your Ford Edge. Thanks to this article we will detail the several steps of this technique, and put you on alert on the aspects that can pose trouble, here we go:
- Verify the compatibility of your smart phone with Android Auto (minimum version 5.1 Lollipop), make sure to update your mobile phone if it is not up to date.
- Download the Android Auto application from your Google Play
- Start the Android Auto application, it will examine, at its first opening, that all the necessary applications are up to date.
- Connect your phone with Bluetooth on your vehicle, if you don’t know how to do it, look at our article on to connect or activate Android Auto on your Ford Edge to find out how to do it.
- Once your phone is connected via Bluetooth on your car, starting the application should connect Android auto to your Ford Edge.
- If this connection does not work, try to connect it first in USB (ignition on) and then activate Bluetooth afterwards
I don’t have a compatible screen on my Ford Edge but I still want to benefit from Android Auto:
In case, after examining, your Ford Edge is not compatible with Android Auto, you still have the option to use this program in another way. In fact, you will be able to use your phone’s screen as an Android Auto interface. For that, nothing could be much easier:
Whenever you have any further questions about the Ford Edge, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Edge category.