You have fairly recently bought a new automobile, or you just discovered Android Auto and you also desire to experience it. This is totally normal, why deprive yourself of 100 % free and useful service, whether to listen to your music, use the gps, or make calls, the application is full. In this document we will explain how to connect Android Auto to your Dodge Durango. To accomplish this, first, we will focus on what Android Auto is and what it is used for, then we will go forward to installing Android Auto and connecting to your Dodge Durango, and finally what alternative is available to you if your Dodge Durango is not built with Android Auto compatible systems.
Android Auto on Dodge Durango, what is it?
You’ve already read about Android Auto, but you don’t know specifically what it is all about? We will just describe the goal of this application and what pros there might be in setting it up on your Dodge Durango. Android Auto is a Google application, it aims to include all your smartphone into your automobile. Actually, Google has realized that today’s cars lack included technology. They have therefore thought about the best solution to incorporate their operating system into your automobile. Their program provides some significant benefits that will improve your automobile experience. Moreover, it will give you the possibility to stay connected without taking any risks while driving. activating Android Auto on Dodge Durango gives you access to a number of features, voicis:
- Keep the best of your mobile phone on the screen of your Dodge Durango
- To be able to call someone on the speakers of your vehicle
- Listen to your favorite music with Google Music or your classic applications like Spotify or Deezer
- Control your smartphone by voice
- Have your text messages read to you, dictate your answers to Android Auto which will transform them into a written message
How to connect Android Auto on Dodge Durango?
In this second part, we will focus on the process to do to set up Android Auto on Dodge Durango. Whether you have a compatible screen or not, there is a possibility to get benefit of this program that will make your automobile journeys more enjoyable.
Tutorial: Activating Android Auto on your Dodge Durango
Now is the time to install Android Auto on your Dodge Durango. Thanks to this article we will detail the different steps of this method, and put you on alert on the aspects that can pose complications, here we go:
- Examine the compatibility of your mobile with Android Auto (minimum version 5.1 Lollipop), make sure to update your smartphone if it is not up to date.
- Download the Android Auto application from your Google Play
- Start the Android Auto application, it will check, at its first opening, that all the necessary applications are up to date.
- Connect your phone with Bluetooth on your auto, if you don’t know how to do it, read our article on to connect or activate Android Auto on your Dodge Durango to find out how to do it.
- Once your phone is connected via Bluetooth on your car, launching the application should connect Android auto to your Dodge Durango.
- If this connection does not work, try to connect it first in USB (ignition on) and then activate Bluetooth afterwards
I don’t have a compatible screen on my Dodge Durango but I still want to benefit from Android Auto:
If it happens, after checking, your Dodge Durango is not compatible with Android Auto, you still have the option to use this program in another way. Actually, you will be able to use your phone’s screen as an Android Auto interface. For that, nothing could be less difficult:
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Dodge Durango, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Durango category.