You have not long ago bought a new vehicle, or you just found out about Android Auto and you as well desire to try it. This is totally usual, why deprive yourself of free of charge and effective program, whether to listen to your music, use the gps, or make calls, the application is complete. In this document we will explain how to connect Android Auto to your Chevrolet Silverado. To do this, first, we will focus on what Android Auto is and what it is used for, then we will go forward to installing Android Auto and connecting to your Chevrolet Silverado, and at last what alternative is available to you if your Chevrolet Silverado is not built with Android Auto compatible systems.
Android Auto on Chevrolet Silverado, what is it?
You’ve already heard about Android Auto, but you don’t know really what it is all about? We will simply describe the function of this application and what positive aspects there might be in setting it up on your Chevrolet Silverado. Android Auto is a Google software, it aims to include all your smartphone into your car. Actually, Google has discovered that today’s autos lack integrated technology. They have therefore thought about the best solution to incorporate their operating system into your vehicle. Their service provides some useful benefits that will improve your car journey. Furthermore, it will give you the possibility to stay connected without taking any risks while driving. activating Android Auto on Chevrolet Silverado gives you access to a number of advantages, voicis:
- Keep the best of your mobile phone on the screen of your Chevrolet Silverado
- To be able to make calls to the speakers of your vehicle
- Listen to your favorite music with Google Music or your classic software programs like Spotify or Deezer
- Monitor your smartphone by voice
- Have your messages read to you, dictate your answers to Android Auto which will transform them into a written message
How to connect Android Auto on Chevrolet Silverado?
In this second part, we will focus on the procedure to do to set up Android Auto on Chevrolet Silverado. Whether you have a compatible screen or not, there is a possibility to get benefit of this service that will make your vehicle journeys more enjoyable.
Tutorial: Activating Android Auto on your Chevrolet Silverado
Now is the time to install Android Auto on your Chevrolet Silverado. Thanks to this tutorial we will detail the different steps of this technique, and put you on alert on the elements that can pose trouble, here we go:
- Examine the compatibility of your smart phone with Android Auto (minimum version 5.1 Lollipop), don’t forget to update your smartphone if it is not up to date.
- Download the Android Auto application from your Google Play
- Start the Android Auto application, it will examine, at its first opening, that all the necessary applications are up to date.
- Connect your phone with Bluetooth on your car, if you don’t know how to do it, browse our article on to connect or activate Android Auto on your Chevrolet Silverado to find out how to do it.
- Once your phone is connected via Bluetooth on your car, launching the application should connect Android auto to your Chevrolet Silverado.
- If this connection does not work, try to connect it first in USB (ignition on) and then activate Bluetooth afterwards
I don’t have a compatible screen on my Chevrolet Silverado but I still want to benefit from Android Auto:
In case, after examining, your Chevrolet Silverado is not compatible with Android Auto, you still have the solution to use this service in another way. Actually, you will be able to use your phone’s screen as an Android Auto interface. For that, nothing could be much easier:
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Chevrolet Silverado, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Silverado category.