You have not long ago purchased a new vehicle, or you just heard about Android Auto and you too desire to try it. This is quite normal, why deprive yourself of free and efficient program, whether to listen to your music, use the gps, or make calls, the application is complete. In this tutorial we will explain how to connect Android Auto to your Chevrolet Colorado. To achieve this, primary, we will concentrate on what Android Auto is and what it is used for, then we will move on to installing Android Auto and connecting to your Chevrolet Colorado, and to finish what solution is available to you if your Chevrolet Colorado is not built with Android Auto compatible devices.
Android Auto on Chevrolet Colorado, what is it?
You’ve already heard of Android Auto, but you don’t understand precisely what it is all about? We will just explain the intent of this application and what features there might be in setting it up on your Chevrolet Colorado. Android Auto is a Google program, it is designed to incorporate all your phone into your car. In fact, Google has figured out that today’s automobiles lack integrated technology. They have as a consequence thought about the best way to incorporate their operating system into your vehicle. Their program offers some useful features that will improve your car journey. Furthermore, it will allow you to stay connected without taking any risks while driving. activating Android Auto on Chevrolet Colorado gives you access to a number of advantages, voicis:
- Keep the best of your telephone on the screen of your Chevrolet Colorado
- To be able to call someone on the speakers of your vehicle
- Listen to your preferred music with Google Music or your classic applications like Spotify or Deezer
- Monitor your phone by voice
- Have your text messages read to you, dictate your answers to Android Auto which will transform them into a written message
How to connect Android Auto on Chevrolet Colorado?
In this second part, we will concentrate on the procedure to do to set up Android Auto on Chevrolet Colorado. Whether you have a compatible screen or not, there is a chance to take advantage of this program that will make your vehicle journeys more enjoyable.
Tutorial: Activating Android Auto on your Chevrolet Colorado
Now is the time to install Android Auto on your Chevrolet Colorado. Thanks to this guide we will detail the several steps of this procedure, and put you on alert on the elements that can pose concerns, here we go:
- Examine the compatibility of your phone with Android Auto (minimum version 5.1 Lollipop), don’t forget to update your phone if it is not up to date.
- Download the Android Auto application from your Google Play
- Start the Android Auto application, it will verify, at its first opening, that all the necessary applications are up to date.
- Connect your phone with Bluetooth on your automobile, if you don’t know how to do it, check our article on to connect or activate Android Auto on your Chevrolet Colorado to find out how to do it.
- Once your phone is connected via Bluetooth on your car, starting the application should connect Android auto to your Chevrolet Colorado.
- If this connection does not work, try to connect it first in USB (ignition on) and then activate Bluetooth afterwards
I don’t have a compatible screen on my Chevrolet Colorado but I still want to benefit from Android Auto:
In case, after verifying, your Chevrolet Colorado is not compatible with Android Auto, you still have the solution to use this program in another way. In fact, you will be able to use your phone’s screen as an Android Auto interface. For that, nothing could be less difficult:
If you need more guides on the Chevrolet Colorado, go to our Chevrolet Colorado category.