You’re sick and tired of playing the radio, or having to pull of to make calls while you’re driving a car, all these points are good to connect your Iphone to your car, only there are multiple approaches to make this happen. For this, you ask yourself how to connect an Iphone to your Volkswagen Polo, know that you are in the right place. Our team has written this article content to help you with this task and enable you to make phone calls in the car or connect your Android or Apple phone to it. To accomplish this, first, we will see why it is important to connect your Iphone to your car, then, we will look at the connection of an Iphone to your Volkswagen Polo by USB, and, in a second part, how to connect an Iphone to your Volkswagen Polo by bluetooth.
Why connect an iPhone to the Volkswagen Polo?
So we start our article content with the benefit of connecting your Iphone to your Volkswagen Polo. For some of you it is possible that you are not persuaded of the relevance of this connection, but know that you will only enjoy positive aspects that will make your life less difficult or make your experience at the wheel of your car more cozy. Here are the different advantages of connecting your iPhone to your Volkswagen Polo:
- Making calls from your Iphone hands-free with the sound of the call on the audio system of your Volkswagen Polo.
- Transmit your music and play it on your Volkswagen Polo sound system.
- Obtain the directory of your Iphone on the car radio of your Volkswagen Polo
- Control your iPhone by voice (e.g. call someone or change the music).
How do I connect an Iphone to the Volkswagen Polo via USB?
No matter if you want to connect an Iphone 5, 6 or 7 to your Volkswagen Polo, the process will be the same, we will see the two different techniques to connect your Iphone in USB to your car.
Connect your Iphone with CarPlay in USB to your Volkswagen Polo
First of all, you can connect your Iphone in USB via CarPlay. To accomplish this, your car will need to be equipped with CarPlay and a USB plug. You can find the list of models compatible with CarPlay here. Be sure you check that the year of production of your Volkswagen Polo permits the use of this feature. Once achieved, here are the steps to follow to make the connection between your Iphone and your Volkswagen Polo:
- Start your car
- Switch on Siri if you haven’t previously
- Connect your Iphone 4/5/6/7/8 to the USB port of your Volkswagen Polo
- Verify the connection on your car radio, it may ask you to verify a code on the screen of your Iphone
Connect your Iphone via USB to the car radio of your Volkswagen Polo
Second possibility, you can connect your Iphone to your Volkswagen Polo by USB whether or not your car is not supplied with CarPlay, for this, you will need to have a car radio bought in a car center for example and that it has a USB port . To finish, you will only have to connect your Iphone via a USB cable to enjoy your music and its other functionality.
How to connect an Iphone to the Volkswagen Polo in bluetooth thanks to CarPlay?
Second probability, you can connect your Iphone via Bluetooth to your Volkswagen Polo via CarPlay. This is the most efficient methodology, and even though it consumes more battery on your Iphone, it is the most enjoyable way to enjoy your Iphone while driving your Volkswagen Polo. For that, it will be required to follow some measures to be able to accomplish effectively the connection between the car the Iphone, here they are:
- Switch on the Bluetooth/wireless pairing mode on the car radio of your Volkswagen Polo
- On your Iphone go to the “settings”, then to the “General” tab, select the “CarPlay” section and search for “available cars”
- Select in the list your Volkswagen Polo, it is plausible that you are asked for a verification via a code, do it, and you should have paired your Iphone to your Volkswagen Polo
- On some series, the screen of your car should display CarPlay immediately, if not, press the application button
If you have bluetooth problems with your Volkswagen Polo, do not think twice to read our specific article content on this subject.
How to connect an Iphone to the Volkswagen Polo with a jack cable?
In case none of these answers are possible on your Volkswagen Polo, you still have the standard but effective solution of the jack cable. In truth, this methodology will allow you to connect your iPhone to your Volkswagen Polo via the auxiliary socket of your car radio or your car, and thus transfer the sound emitted by your phone to the speakers of your car. The purchase of a jack cable will not cost you more than 10€.
To find more tips on the Volkswagen Polo, take a look at the Volkswagen Polo category.