You’re sick and tired of playing the radio, or having to pull of to call someone while you’re driving a vehicle, all these points are good to connect your Iphone to your car, only there are some methods to achieve this. For this, you ask yourself how to connect an Iphone to your Subaru Legacy, know that you are in the right place. Our team has made this article content to help you with this task and allow you to make phone calls in the car or connect your Android or Apple phone to it. To do this, first, we will see why it is interesting to connect your Iphone to your car, then, we will check out the connection of an Iphone to your Subaru Legacy by USB, and, in a second part, how to connect an Iphone to your Subaru Legacy by bluetooth.
Why connect an iPhone to the Subaru Legacy?
So we commence our article content with the benefit of connecting your Iphone to your Subaru Legacy. For some of you it is possible that you are not convinced of the relevance of this connection, but know that you will only enjoy pros that will make your life simpler or make your experience at the wheel of your car more cozy. Here are the different positive aspects of connecting your iPhone to your Subaru Legacy:
- Making calls from your Iphone hands-free with the sound of the call on the speakers of your Subaru Legacy.
- Transmit your music and listen to it on your Subaru Legacy sound system.
- Retrieve the directory of your Iphone on the car radio of your Subaru Legacy
- Control your iPhone by voice (e.g. call someone or change the music).
How do I connect an Iphone to the Subaru Legacy via USB?
Despite if you want to connect an Iphone 5, 6 or 7 to your Subaru Legacy, the procedure will be the same, we will see the two different techniques to connect your Iphone in USB to your car.
Connect your Iphone with CarPlay in USB to your Subaru Legacy
Firstly, you can connect your Iphone in USB via CarPlay. To do this, your car will need to be equipped with CarPlay and a USB plug. You can find the list of models compatible with CarPlay here. Be sure you verify that the year of production of your Subaru Legacy allows the use of this feature. Once completed, here are the steps to stick to to make the connection between your Iphone and your Subaru Legacy:
- Start your car
- Switch on Siri if you haven’t previously
- Connect your Iphone 4/5/6/7/8 to the USB port of your Subaru Legacy
- Confirm the connection on your car radio, it may ask you to examine a code on the screen of your Iphone
Connect your Iphone via USB to the car radio of your Subaru Legacy
Second possibility, you can connect your Iphone to your Subaru Legacy by USB even if your car is not equipped with CarPlay, for this, you will need to have a car radio found in a car center for example and that it has a USB port . At last, you will only have to connect your Iphone via a USB cable to play your music and its other functionality.
How to connect an Iphone to the Subaru Legacy in bluetooth thanks to CarPlay?
Second possibility, you can connect your Iphone via Bluetooth to your Subaru Legacy via CarPlay. This is the most effective approach, and nevertheless it consumes more battery on your Iphone, it is the most enjoyable way to enjoy your Iphone while driving your Subaru Legacy. For that, it will be essential to respect some steps to be able to carry out properly the connection between the car the Iphone, here they are:
- Switch on the Bluetooth/wireless pairing mode on the car radio of your Subaru Legacy
- On your Iphone go to the “settings”, then to the “General” tab, select the “CarPlay” section and search for “available cars”
- Select in the list your Subaru Legacy, it is possible that you are asked for a verification via a code, do it, and you should have paired your Iphone to your Subaru Legacy
- On some series, the screen of your car should display CarPlay instantly, if not, press the application button
If you have bluetooth problems with your Subaru Legacy, do not hesitate to consult our specific article content on this subject.
How to connect an Iphone to the Subaru Legacy with a jack cable?
In the event none of these alternatives are possible on your Subaru Legacy, you still have the standard but practical option of the jack cable. Actually, this approach will allow you to connect your iPhone to your Subaru Legacy via the auxiliary socket of your car radio or your car, and thus transfer the sound emitted by your phone to the speakers of your car. The buy of a jack cable will not cost you more than 10€.
If you wish more tutorials on the Subaru Legacy, go to our Subaru Legacy category.