You’re exhausted by listening to the radio, or having to stop to make calls while you’re driving, all these points are good to connect your Iphone to your car, only there are some approaches to accomplish this. For this, you ask yourself how to connect an Iphone to your Opel Meriva, know that you are in the good article. Our team has written and published this article content to help you with this task and allow you to make phone calls in the car or connect your Android or Apple phone to it. To accomplish this, first, we will see why it is important to connect your Iphone to your car, then, we will take a look at the connection of an Iphone to your Opel Meriva by USB, and, in a second step, how to connect an Iphone to your Opel Meriva by bluetooth.
Why connect an iPhone to the Opel Meriva?
So we commence our article content with the interest of connecting your Iphone to your Opel Meriva. For some of you it is possible that you are not convinced of the relevance of this connection, but know that you will only enjoy advantages that will make your life less complicated or make your experience at the wheel of your car more comfy. Here are the different advantages of connecting your iPhone to your Opel Meriva:
- Making calls from your Iphone hands-free with the sound of the call on the sound system of your Opel Meriva.
- Transfer your music and play it on your Opel Meriva sound system.
- Retrieve the directory of your Iphone on the car radio of your Opel Meriva
- Control your iPhone by voice (e.g. call someone or change the music).
How do I connect an Iphone to the Opel Meriva via USB?
Despite if you want to connect an Iphone 5, 6 or 7 to your Opel Meriva, the method will be the same, we will see the two distinct types of procedures to connect your Iphone in USB to your car.
Connect your Iphone with CarPlay in USB to your Opel Meriva
Firstly, you can connect your Iphone in USB via CarPlay. To accomplish this, your car will need to be furnished with CarPlay and a USB plug. You can find the list of models compatible with CarPlay here. Make sure to verify that the year of production of your Opel Meriva allows the use of this feature. Once done, here are the steps to adhere to to make the connection between your Iphone and your Opel Meriva:
- Start your car
- Switch on Siri if you haven’t already
- Connect your Iphone 4/5/6/7/8 to the USB port of your Opel Meriva
- Confirm the connection on your car radio, it may ask you to check a code on the screen of your Iphone
Connect your Iphone via USB to the car radio of your Opel Meriva
Second probability, you can connect your Iphone to your Opel Meriva by USB regardless if your car is not furnished with CarPlay, for this, you will need to have a car radio bought in a car center for example and that it has a USB port . At last, you will only have to connect your Iphone via a USB cable to enjoy your music and its other abilities.
How to connect an Iphone to the Opel Meriva in bluetooth thanks to CarPlay?
Second possibility, you can connect your Iphone via Bluetooth to your Opel Meriva via CarPlay. This is the best procedure, and although it uses more battery on your Iphone, it is the most agreeable way to enjoy your Iphone while driving your Opel Meriva. For that, it will be required to respect some measures in order to perform effectively the connection between the car the Iphone, here they are:
- Switch on the Bluetooth/wireless pairing mode on the car radio of your Opel Meriva
- On your Iphone go to the “settings”, then to the “General” tab, choose the “CarPlay” section and search for “available cars”
- Choose in the list your Opel Meriva, it is possible that you are asked for a verification via a code, do it, and you should have paired your Iphone to your Opel Meriva
- On some series, the screen of your car should display CarPlay immediately, if not, press the application button
If you have bluetooth problems with your Opel Meriva, do not hesitate to read our dedicated article content on this subject.
How to connect an Iphone to the Opel Meriva with a jack cable?
In case none of these answers are possible on your Opel Meriva, you still have the standard but effective option of the jack cable. In reality, this procedure will allow you to connect your iPhone to your Opel Meriva via the auxiliary socket of your car radio or your car, and thus transfer the sound emitted by your phone to the speakers of your car. The purchase of a jack cable will not cost you more than 10€.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Opel Meriva, do not hesitate to consult our Opel Meriva category.