You’re sick and tired of listening to the radio, or having to stop to call people while you’re driving a vehicle, all these motives are good to connect your Iphone to your car, only there are several ways to achieve this. For this, you ask yourself how to connect an Iphone to your Honda Element, know that you are in the good article. Our team has written this content to help you with this task and enable you to make phone calls in the car or connect your Android or Apple phone to it. To accomplish this, first, we will see why it is usefull to connect your Iphone to your car, then, we will look into the connection of an Iphone to your Honda Element by USB, and, in a second part, how to connect an Iphone to your Honda Element by bluetooth.
Why connect an iPhone to the Honda Element?
So we start our content with the interest of connecting your Iphone to your Honda Element. For some of you it is possible that you are not convinced of the relevance of this connection, but know that you will only enjoy positive aspects that will make your life less complicated or make your experience at the wheel of your car more relaxing. Here are the different pros of connecting your iPhone to your Honda Element:
- Making calls from your Iphone hands-free with the sound of the call on the speakers of your Honda Element.
- Transmit your music and listen to it on your Honda Element sound system.
- Obtain the directory of your Iphone on the car radio of your Honda Element
- Control your iPhone by voice (e.g. call someone or change the music).
How do I connect an Iphone to the Honda Element via USB?
Despite if you want to connect an Iphone 5, 6 or 7 to your Honda Element, the process will be the same, we will see the two different methods to connect your Iphone in USB to your car.
Connect your Iphone with CarPlay in USB to your Honda Element
Firstly, you can connect your Iphone in USB via CarPlay. To accomplish this, your car will need to be furnished with CarPlay and a USB plug. You can find the list of models compatible with CarPlay here. Don’t forget to check that the year of production of your Honda Element permits the use of this option. Once completed, here are the steps to follow to make the connection between your Iphone and your Honda Element:
- Start your car
- Switch on Siri if you haven’t previously
- Connect your Iphone 4/5/6/7/8 to the USB port of your Honda Element
- Verify the connection on your car radio, it may ask you to verify a code on the screen of your Iphone
Connect your Iphone via USB to the car radio of your Honda Element
Second option, you can connect your Iphone to your Honda Element by USB regardless if your car is not outfitted with CarPlay, for this, you will need to have a car radio bought in a car center for example and that it has a USB port . Finally, you will only have to connect your Iphone via a USB cable to play your music and its other features.
How to connect an Iphone to the Honda Element in bluetooth thanks to CarPlay?
Second probability, you can connect your Iphone via Bluetooth to your Honda Element via CarPlay. This is the best approach, and even though it uses more battery on your Iphone, it is the most enjoyable way to enjoy your Iphone while driving your Honda Element. For that, it will be needed to respect some steps to be able to carry out effectively the connection between the car the Iphone, here they are:
- Switch on the Bluetooth/wireless pairing mode on the car radio of your Honda Element
- On your Iphone go to the “settings”, then to the “General” tab, choose the “CarPlay” section and search for “available cars”
- Select in the list your Honda Element, it is possible that you are asked for a verification via a code, do it, and you should have paired your Iphone to your Honda Element
- On some series, the screen of your car should display CarPlay straight, if not, press the application button
If you have bluetooth problems with your Honda Element, do not hesitate to have a look at our specific content on this subject.
How to connect an Iphone to the Honda Element with a jack cable?
In case none of these answers are possible on your Honda Element, you still have the basic but practical option of the jack cable. In actual fact, this approach will allow you to connect your iPhone to your Honda Element via the auxiliary socket of your car radio or your car, and thus transfer the sound emitted by your phone to the speakers of your car. The buy of a jack cable will not cost you more than 10€.
If you wish more guides on the Honda Element, go to our Honda Element category.