You’re sick and tired of listening to the radio, or having to stop to call people while you’re driving a car, all these reasons are good to connect your Iphone to your car, only there are multiple techniques to get this done. For this, you ask yourself how to connect an Iphone to your BMW X6, know that you are in the right place. Our team has created this article content to help you with this task and allow you to make phone calls in the car or connect your Android or Apple phone to it. To do this, first, we will see why it is important to connect your Iphone to your car, then, we will look into the connection of an Iphone to your BMW X6 by USB, and, in a second part, how to connect an Iphone to your BMW X6 by bluetooth.
Why connect an iPhone to the BMW X6?
So we start our article content with the advantage of connecting your Iphone to your BMW X6. For some of you it is possible that you are not persuaded of the relevance of this connection, but know that you will only enjoy positive aspects that will make your life less difficult or make your experience at the wheel of your car more comfortable. Here are the various positive aspects of connecting your iPhone to your BMW X6:
- Making calls from your Iphone hands-free with the sound of the call on the sound system of your BMW X6.
- Transmit your music and listen to it on your BMW X6 sound system.
- Retrieve the directory of your Iphone on the car radio of your BMW X6
- Control your iPhone by voice (e.g. call someone or change the music).
How do I connect an Iphone to the BMW X6 via USB?
Despite if you want to connect an Iphone 5, 6 or 7 to your BMW X6, the technique will be the same, we will see the two different procedures to connect your Iphone in USB to your car.
Connect your Iphone with CarPlay in USB to your BMW X6
Firstly, you can connect your Iphone in USB via CarPlay. To do this, your car will need to be supplied with CarPlay and a USB plug. You can find the list of models compatible with CarPlay here. Be sure you verify that the year of production of your BMW X6 allows the use of this feature. Once completed, here are the steps to stick to to make the connection between your Iphone and your BMW X6:
- Start your car
- Activate Siri if you haven’t previously
- Connect your Iphone 4/5/6/7/8 to the USB port of your BMW X6
- Confirm the connection on your car radio, it may ask you to check a code on the screen of your Iphone
Connect your Iphone via USB to the car radio of your BMW X6
Second possibility, you can connect your Iphone to your BMW X6 by USB even if your car is not outfitted with CarPlay, for this, you will need to have a car radio found in a car center for example and that it has a USB port . To finish, you will only have to connect your Iphone via a USB cable to enjoy your music and its other abilities.
How to connect an Iphone to the BMW X6 in bluetooth thanks to CarPlay?
Second possibility, you can connect your Iphone via Bluetooth to your BMW X6 via CarPlay. This is the best process, and nevertheless it uses more battery on your Iphone, it is the most agreeable way to enjoy your Iphone while driving your BMW X6. For that, it will be required to follow some guidelines to be able to accomplish effectively the connection between the car the Iphone, here they are:
- Activate the Bluetooth/wireless pairing mode on the car radio of your BMW X6
- On your Iphone go to the “settings”, then to the “General” tab, select the “CarPlay” section and search for “available cars”
- Choose in the list your BMW X6, it is plausible that you are asked for a verification via a code, do it, and you should have paired your Iphone to your BMW X6
- On some series, the screen of your car should display CarPlay straight, if not, press the application button
If you have bluetooth problems with your BMW X6, do not think twice to browse our dedicated article content on this subject.
How to connect an Iphone to the BMW X6 with a jack cable?
In case none of these answers are possible on your BMW X6, you still have the standard but practical solution of the jack cable. In truth, this process will allow you to connect your iPhone to your BMW X6 via the auxiliary socket of your car radio or your car, and thus transfer the sound emitted by your phone to the speakers of your car. The purchase of a jack cable will not cost you more than 10€.
If you wish more guides on the BMW X6, go to our BMW X6 category.