Whether you wish to have a clean vehicle or you plan to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Volvo S90 is an work of maintenance that is not actually well handled, between the fear of harming electronic components or not knowing which products to use… In this article, we will go along with you to carry out this work of routine service with serenity. To achieve this, first, we will find out why it might be important to clean the engine unit of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine unit of your Volvo S90 .
Why clean the engine of your Volvo S90?
So we start our content by explaining why it might be good to consider a cleaning of the engine unit block of your Volvo S90 .
The most basic reason for cleaning the engine unit compartment of your car should be regular service. Failure to clean your car will bring about dirt and grime to gather and eventually harm auto parts of your car. We recommend you to carry out this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can also be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Volvo S90, however take care not to clean it too much, potential buyers might presume that a too clean engine is associated with a leaking engine that tries to be camouflaged by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine unit than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine unit of your Volvo S90?
We will now start the heart of the content with the practical part of cleaning the engine unit block of your Volvo S90 . To do this, in the first part we will focus on the preparation to do on your engine unit to execute this work in the right way, and in a second time, the instructions to enable you to clean the engine compartment of your Volvo S90.
To prepare the engine of your Volvo S90 before cleaning it
First step and not the least necessary one. Even if your car’s engine compartment is designed to be waterproof, cleaning it completely is not recommended either because of the many electrical components inside. Therefore, before you clean the engine of your Volvo S90 completely, it is better to protect the electrical components of your Volvo S90 . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine unit correctly:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Volvo S90 , to achieve this, do not think twice to seek advice from our content dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to get this done step.
- Remove the upper motor housing of your Volvo S90 , it’s a plastic cover that can in most cases be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will enable you to have an much easier access to the whole engine unit of your car.
- Protect all electrical components with plastic film , stretchable for example, this contains the flowmeter (which is found on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine unit compartment of a Volvo S90
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is start cleaning it, here are the steps to follow to clean the engine unit of your Volvo S90 correctly :
- Warm up the engine unit of your car for about 5 minutes, this will make the grease more fluid and help its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine unit degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Volvo S90 engine unit.
- Let it work for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may harm components of your engine unit. So use a garden hose and rise with a lot of water.
- If you are convinced with the result, you can dry your engine unit with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can repeat the procedure until it goes away.
- Last little piece of advice, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine unit of your Volvo S90, you will discover this kind of product in specific retailers or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll be able to get back on the road with a clean engine unit.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Volvo S90, do not hesitate to consult our Volvo S90 category.