Air conditioning is by far the most important features on recent cars. Even though it was in past times restricted to high-end varieties, it has now been democratized for a large proportion of cars. However, this pricey and sophisticated unit needs special attention, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is absolutely important to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Volvo S60. This is specifically what we will show you in detail in this content. First we will look in detail at the process to clean the air conditioning of your Volvo S60, then in another part, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Volvo S60.
How to clean my Volvo S60 air conditioning
Let’s start our content with the cleaning of the air conditioning system of your Volvo S60. The only way to carry out a full cleaning of this system will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, in fact, your air conditioning creates a lot of moisture that will stay in the system and will promote the production of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these items on the internet or in car centres. There are two procedures to do this, here they are
Service the air conditioning system of your Volvo S60 in an easy way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can instantly clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The methodology is very simple, nevertheless, this procedure can dirty the inside of your Volvo S60.
- Take out the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (ideally on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine running) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, push the button on the bomb to empty it slowly but surely and close the vehicle doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Volvo S60, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This procedure will allow you to fairly quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Volvo S60, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Volvo S60 that are persistent, we suggest you to practice the second technique.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Volvo S60
Now let’s go forward to the more radical technique of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system in depth. You will have to be equipped with the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the operation to stick to:
- Take out your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Volvo S60 (between the hood and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for 5 minutes.
- Once this first stage is done you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually placed under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Volvo S60.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Volvo S60
Finally, to end our content, we will give you the main suggestions to respect, if you wish to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Volvo S60 and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Swap your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Volvo S60 every year.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Volvo S60, do not hesitate to consult our Volvo S60 category.