If you desire to have a clean vehicle or you plan to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Volkswagen Passat 8 is an work of maintenance that is not actually well managed, between the fear of destroying electronic parts or not knowing which products to use… In this article, we will accompany you to execute this work of service with serenity. For this, first, we will discover why it might be relevant to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your Volkswagen Passat 8 .
Why clean the engine of your Volkswagen Passat 8?
So we begin our article by telling you why it might be smart to reflect on a cleaning of the engine block of your Volkswagen Passat 8 .
The most basic motive for cleaning the engine compartment of your car should be regular service. Failing to clean your car will cause dirt and grime to build up and sooner or later damage auto parts of your car. We suggest you to perform this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can as well be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Volkswagen Passat 8, however be cautious not to clean it too much, potential buyers might presume that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be hidden by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your Volkswagen Passat 8?
We will now attack the heart of the article with the practical section of cleaning the engine block of your Volkswagen Passat 8 . To do this, in the first section we will concentrate on the preparation to do on your engine to execute this work properly, and in a second time, the guidelines to enable you to clean the engine compartment of your Volkswagen Passat 8.
To prepare the engine of your Volkswagen Passat 8 before cleaning it
First step and not the least necessary one. Regardless if your car’s engine compartment is designed to be waterproof, cleaning it thoroughly is not suggested either as a result of the many electrical parts inside. Therefore, before you clean the engine of your Volkswagen Passat 8 entirely, it is better to protect the electrical parts of your Volkswagen Passat 8 . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine effectively:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Volkswagen Passat 8 , to achieve this, do not hesitate to consult our article dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to get this done step.
- Take off the upper motor housing of your Volkswagen Passat 8 , it’s a plastic cover that can in most cases be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will enable you to have an easier access to the whole engine of your car.
- Protect all electrical parts with plastic film , stretchable for example, this contains the flowmeter (which is based on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a Volkswagen Passat 8
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is start cleaning it, here are the steps to stick to to clean the engine of your Volkswagen Passat 8 effectively :
- Warm up the engine of your car for about 5 minutes, this will make the grease more fluid and ease its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Volkswagen Passat 8 engine.
- Let it work for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may affect parts of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with a lot of water.
- If you are satisfied with the end result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can replicate the procedure until it goes away.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your Volkswagen Passat 8, you will find this kind of product in specialized retailers or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll have the ability to get back on the road with a clean engine.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Passat 8, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Passat 8 category.