If you wish to have a clean vehicle or you plan to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Volkswagen Beetle is an work of routine service that is not necessarily well operated, between the fear of harming electronic parts or not knowing which products to use… In this article, we will go along with you to conduct this work of maintenance with peace of mind. To achieve this, first, we will see why it may be important to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your Volkswagen Beetle .
Why clean the engine of your Volkswagen Beetle?
So we begin our content page by detailing why it may be wise to consider a cleaning of the engine block of your Volkswagen Beetle .
The most common explanation for cleaning the engine compartment of your car should be regular service. Failing to clean your car will trigger dirt and grime to build up and ultimately harm parts of your car. We encourage you to carry out this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can as well be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Volkswagen Beetle, however take care not to clean it too much, potential buyers might believe that a too clean engine is associated with a leaking engine that tries to be hidden by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your Volkswagen Beetle?
We will now start the heart of the content page with the practical section of cleaning the engine block of your Volkswagen Beetle . To do this, in the first section we will focus on the preparation to do on your engine to accomplish this work properly, and in a second time, the guidelines to let you to clean the engine compartment of your Volkswagen Beetle.
To prepare the engine of your Volkswagen Beetle before cleaning it
First step and not the least essential one. Even if your car’s engine compartment is supposed to be waterproof, cleaning it totally is not recommended either due to the many electrical parts inside. Therefore, before you clean the engine of your Volkswagen Beetle entirely, it is better to protect the electrical parts of your Volkswagen Beetle . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine correctly:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Volkswagen Beetle , to do this, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content page dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to get this done step.
- Take off the upper motor housing of your Volkswagen Beetle , it’s a plastic cover that can generally be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will let you to have an much easier access to the whole engine of your car.
- Protect all electrical parts with plastic film , stretchable for example, this involves the flowmeter (which is found on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a Volkswagen Beetle
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is start cleaning it, here are the steps to follow to clean the engine of your Volkswagen Beetle correctly :
- Warm up the engine of your car for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and facilitate its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Volkswagen Beetle engine.
- Let it work for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may harm components of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with plenty of water.
- If you are satisfied with the end result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can replicate the procedure until it disappears.
- Last little piece of advice, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your Volkswagen Beetle, you will locate this kind of product in specialised stores or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll have the ability to get back on the road with a clean engine.
To find more tips on the Volkswagen Beetle, take a look at the Volkswagen Beetle category.