Air conditioning is by far the most interesting features on newer cars. Despite the fact it was previously reserved for high-end varieties, it has today been democratized for the vast majority of vehicles. However, this pricey and complex technology requires special care, and whether it’s for service or because of odours, it is completely important to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Toyota Sequoia. This is exactly what we will describe in detail in this article. First we will look in detail at the technique to clean the air conditioning of your Toyota Sequoia, then in a second step, we will look more generally at the service of the air conditioning of your Toyota Sequoia.
How to clean my Toyota Sequoia air conditioning
Let’s commence our article with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Toyota Sequoia. The only technique to execute a full cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal products, in reality, your air conditioning creates a lot of moisture that will stay in the circuit and will activate the creation of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these items on the internet or in car centres. There are two procedures to do this, here they are
Clean the air conditioning circuit of your Toyota Sequoia in the simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can easily clean your car’s air-conditioning circuit.
The technique is quite simple, however, this process can dirty the inside of your Toyota Sequoia.
- Take away the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (if possible on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, press the button on the bomb to empty it gradually and close the motor vehicle doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Toyota Sequoia, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This methodology will allow you to fairly quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Toyota Sequoia, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Toyota Sequoia that are persistent, we recommend you to apply the second technique.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Toyota Sequoia
Now let’s move on to the more significant technique of performing a cleaning of your ventilation circuit complete. You will have to purchase the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the operation to follow:
- Take away your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Toyota Sequoia (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray a couple of times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for Five minutes.
- Once this first step is done you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually established under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Toyota Sequoia.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Toyota Sequoia
Finally, to finish our article, we will give you the main tips to respect, if you want to maximize the life of your air conditioning circuit on Toyota Sequoia and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Swap your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Toyota Sequoia every year.
To get more tips on the Toyota Sequoia, take a look at the Toyota Sequoia category.