Air conditioning is probably the most appreciated options on recent cars. Although it was historically restricted to high-end varieties, it has nowadays been democratized for the great majority of cars. Nevertheless, this expensive and sophisticated equipment necessitates special care, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is absolutely necessary to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Toyota Hilux 3. This is specifically what we will demonstrate in more detail in this article content. First we will take a look in detail at the technique to clean the air conditioning of your Toyota Hilux 3, then in a second step, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Toyota Hilux 3.
How to clean my Toyota Hilux 3 air conditioning
Let’s commence our article content with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Toyota Hilux 3. The only option to do a full cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, in fact, your air conditioning creates a lot of moisture that will stagnate in the circuit and will promote the expansion of germs and bacteria of all sorts. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two procedures to accomplish this, here they are
Service the air conditioning system of your Toyota Hilux 3 in an easy way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can very easily clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The methodology is very easy, nevertheless, this treatment can dirty the inside of your Toyota Hilux 3.
- Take away the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (ideally on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows shut down, push the button on the bomb to empty it slowly but surely and close the motor vehicle doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Toyota Hilux 3, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This solution will allow you to promptly clean the air-conditioning system of your Toyota Hilux 3, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Toyota Hilux 3 that are persistent, we advise you to practice the second solution.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Toyota Hilux 3
Now let’s move on to the more significant process of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system detailed. You will have to purchase the same bactericidal and fungicidal spray, it is only the application that will be different. Here is the process to follow:
- Take away your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Toyota Hilux 3 (between the hood and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray a couple of times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors shut down for Five minutes.
- Once this first part is finished you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually placed under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Toyota Hilux 3.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Toyota Hilux 3
Finally, to conclude our article content, we will give you the main advice to respect, if you want to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Toyota Hilux 3 and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Swap your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Toyota Hilux 3 every year.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Toyota Hilux 3, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Hilux 3 category.