Air conditioning is by far the most interesting features on newer cars. Even though it was before reserved for high-end models, it has now been democratized for the great majority of automobiles. Nevertheless, this pricey and complex unit needs special treatment, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is definitely important to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Toyota FJ Cruiser. This is precisely what we will teach you in detail in this content. First we will look in detail at the technique to clean the air conditioning of your Toyota FJ Cruiser, then in a second step, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Toyota FJ Cruiser.
How to clean my Toyota FJ Cruiser air conditioning
Let’s begin our content with the cleaning of the air conditioning system of your Toyota FJ Cruiser. The only technique to perform a complete cleaning of this system will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, actually, your air conditioning creates loads of moisture that will stay in the system and will help the development of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these items on the internet or in car centres. There are two procedures to do this, here they are
Service the air conditioning circuit of your Toyota FJ Cruiser in the simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can very easily clean your car’s air-conditioning circuit.
The methodology is quite simple, nevertheless, this treatment can dirty the inside of your Toyota FJ Cruiser.
- Take away the cabin filter.
- Install the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (ideally on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows shut down, push the button on the bomb to empty it slowly but surely and close the vehicle doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Toyota FJ Cruiser, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This solution will allow you to rather quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Toyota FJ Cruiser, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Toyota FJ Cruiser that are persistent, we suggest you to exercise the second technique.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Toyota FJ Cruiser
Now let’s move on to the more significant technique of performing a cleaning of your ventilation circuit detailed. You will have to buy the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be different. Here is the procedure to stick to:
- Take away your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Toyota FJ Cruiser (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors shut down for A little bit.
- Once this first step is conducted you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually established under the glove box.
- Finally, to finish, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Toyota FJ Cruiser.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Toyota FJ Cruiser
Finally, to conclude our content, we will give you the main advice to respect, if you want to maximize the life of your air conditioning circuit on Toyota FJ Cruiser and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Toyota FJ Cruiser every year.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Toyota FJ Cruiser, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota FJ Cruiser category.