Air conditioning is one of the most important features on modern cars. Although it was before restricted to high-end versions, it has now been democratized for the vast majority of vehicles. Nevertheless, this pricey and sophisticated technology requires special care, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is definitely necessary to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Toyota 86. This is specifically what we will show you in more detail in this article content. First we will look in detail at the procedure to clean the air conditioning of your Toyota 86, then in a second step, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Toyota 86.
How to clean my Toyota 86 air conditioning
Let’s start our article content with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Toyota 86. The only option to perform a full cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, actually, your air conditioning generates loads of moisture that will stagnate in the circuit and will activate the creation of germs and bacteria of all sorts. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two procedures to do this, here they are
Clean the air conditioning circuit of your Toyota 86 in an easy way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can easily clean your car’s air-conditioning circuit.
The methodology is quite easy, nevertheless, this process can dirty the inside of your Toyota 86.
- Take away the cabin filter.
- Set up the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (preferably on the passenger side).
- Turn on your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows shut down, push the button on the bomb to empty it slowly but surely and close the car doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Toyota 86, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This methodology will allow you to rather quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Toyota 86, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Toyota 86 that are persistent, we suggest you to apply the second process.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Toyota 86
Now let’s advance to the more significant solution of performing a cleaning of your ventilation circuit detailed. You will have to buy the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the procedure to stick to:
- Take away your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Toyota 86 (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors shut down for 5 minutes.
- Once this first stage is performed you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually established under the glove box.
- Finally, to finish, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Toyota 86.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Toyota 86
Finally, to finish our article content, we will give you the main recommendations to respect, if you wish to maximize the life of your air conditioning circuit on Toyota 86 and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Swap your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Toyota 86 every year.
If you want more tutorials on the Toyota 86, go to our Toyota 86 category.