If you want to have a clean car or you intend to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Peugeot Traveller is an action of maintenance that is not necessarily well managed, between the fear of damaging electronic components or not knowing which products to use… In this article, we will accompany you to execute this action of routine service with peace of mind. To do so, first, we will see why it might be important to clean the engine unit of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine unit of your Peugeot Traveller .
Why clean the engine of your Peugeot Traveller?
So we start our content by telling you why it might be smart to consider a cleaning of the engine unit block of your Peugeot Traveller .
The most common justification for cleaning the engine unit compartment of your car should be frequent service. Failure to clean your car will bring about dirt and grime to gather and eventually damage parts of your car. We encourage you to perform this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can as well be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Peugeot Traveller, nevertheless be cautious not to clean it too much, potential buyers might presume that a too clean engine is associated with a leaking engine that tries to be camouflaged by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine unit than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine unit of your Peugeot Traveller?
We will now attack the heart of the content with the practical part of cleaning the engine unit block of your Peugeot Traveller . To do this, in the first part we will concentrate on the preparation to do on your engine unit to conduct this action correctly, and in a second time, the instructions to enable you to clean the engine compartment of your Peugeot Traveller.
To prepare the engine of your Peugeot Traveller before cleaning it
First step and not the least necessary one. Regardless if your car’s engine compartment is meant to be waterproof, cleaning it totally is not advised either because of the many electrical components inside. Therefore, before you clean the engine of your Peugeot Traveller totally, it is better to protect the electrical components of your Peugeot Traveller . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine unit properly:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Peugeot Traveller , to do this, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to do this step.
- Take off the upper motor housing of your Peugeot Traveller , it’s a plastic cover that can in general be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will enable you to have an much easier access to the whole engine unit of your car.
- Protect all electrical components with plastic film , stretchable for example, this involves the flowmeter (which is located on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine unit compartment of a Peugeot Traveller
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is commence cleaning it, here are the steps to follow to clean the engine unit of your Peugeot Traveller properly :
- Warm up the engine unit of your car for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and facilitate its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine unit degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Peugeot Traveller engine unit.
- Let it work for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may damage elements of your engine unit. So use a garden hose and rise with plenty of water.
- If you are satisfied with the result, you can dry your engine unit with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can duplicate the operation until it disappears.
- Last little piece of advice, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine unit of your Peugeot Traveller, you will find this sort of product in specific shops or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll have the ability to get back on the road with a clean engine unit.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Peugeot Traveller, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot Traveller category.