Air conditioning is one of the most interesting specs on newer cars. Even though it was previously restricted to high-end models, it has today been democratized for the vast majority of automobiles. However, this costly and complex mechanism requires special care, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is completely crucial to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Nissan Pathfinder. This is precisely what we will show you in detail in this document. First we will check in detail at the technique to clean the air conditioning of your Nissan Pathfinder, then in a second step, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Nissan Pathfinder.
How to clean my Nissan Pathfinder air conditioning
Let’s commence our document with the cleaning of the air conditioning system of your Nissan Pathfinder. The only option to accomplish a total cleaning of this system will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, actually, your air conditioning produces a lot of moisture that will stay in the system and will promote the production of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these items on the internet or in car centres. There are two methods to accomplish this, here they are
Clean the air conditioning circuit of your Nissan Pathfinder in a simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can instantly clean your car’s air-conditioning circuit.
The method is quite simple, however, this procedure can dirty the inside of your Nissan Pathfinder.
- Take out the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (ideally on the passenger side).
- Turn on your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows shut down, press the button on the bomb to empty it little by little and close the motor vehicle doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Nissan Pathfinder, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This methodology will allow you to promptly clean the air-conditioning system of your Nissan Pathfinder, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Nissan Pathfinder that are persistent, we advise you to practice the second approach.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Nissan Pathfinder
Now let’s advance to the more radical tactic of performing a cleaning of your ventilation circuit detailed. You will have to buy the same bactericidal and fungicidal spray, it is only the application that will be different. Here is the process to stick to:
- Take out your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Nissan Pathfinder (between the hood and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray a couple of times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors shut down for Five minutes.
- Once this first step is performed you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually found under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Nissan Pathfinder.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Nissan Pathfinder
Finally, to finish our document, we will give you the main suggestions to respect, if you want to maximize the life of your air conditioning circuit on Nissan Pathfinder and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Swap your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Nissan Pathfinder every year.
If you need more tutorials on the Nissan Pathfinder, go to our Nissan Pathfinder category.