Air conditioning is probably the most asked features on modern cars. Nevertheless it was previously available to high-end versions, it has nowadays been democratized for a large proportion of cars. However, this expensive and complex device needs special care, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is totally necessary to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Nissan Murano. This is precisely what we will demonstrate in detail in this article. First we will take a look in detail at the procedure to clean the air conditioning of your Nissan Murano, then in a second step, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Nissan Murano.
How to clean my Nissan Murano air conditioning
Let’s start our article with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Nissan Murano. The only method to execute a total cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal products, in reality, your air conditioning creates a lot of moisture that will stagnate in the circuit and will help the production of germs and bacteria of all sorts. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two procedures to accomplish this, here they are
Clean the air conditioning system of your Nissan Murano in a simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can easily clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The method is very easy, nevertheless, this treatment can dirty the inside of your Nissan Murano.
- Take off the cabin filter.
- Set up the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (if possible on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows shut down, press the button on the bomb to empty it little by little and close the vehicle doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Nissan Murano, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This solution will allow you to rather quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Nissan Murano, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Nissan Murano that are persistent, we advise you to utilise the second approach.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Nissan Murano
Now let’s go forward to the more radical method of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system detailed. You will have to buy the same bactericidal and fungicidal spray, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the process to stick to:
- Take off your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Nissan Murano (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray a couple of times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors shut down for 5 minutes.
- Once this first stage is finished you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually located under the glove box.
- Finally, to finish, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Nissan Murano.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Nissan Murano
Finally, to end our article, we will give you the main advice to respect, if you desire to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Nissan Murano and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Swap your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Nissan Murano every year.
To discover more tips on the Nissan Murano, take a look at the Nissan Murano category.