If you desire to have a clean car or you plan to sell your motor vehicle, cleaning the engine of your Nissan Leaf is an action of maintenance that is not actually well operated, between the fear of destroying electronic parts or not knowing which products to use… In this post, we will accompany you to perform this action of maintenance with peace of mind. To achieve this, first, we will see why it may be necessary to clean the engine unit of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine unit of your Nissan Leaf .
Why clean the engine of your Nissan Leaf?
So we begin our content page by explaining why it may be wise to consider a cleaning of the engine unit block of your Nissan Leaf .
The most common reason for cleaning the engine unit compartment of your motor vehicle should be regular maintenance. Failure to clean your motor vehicle will trigger dirt and grime to accumulate and eventually damage auto parts of your motor vehicle. We encourage you to perform this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can as well be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Nissan Leaf, however be cautious not to clean it too much, potential buyers might believe that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be camouflaged by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine unit than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine unit of your Nissan Leaf?
We will now attack the heart of the content page with the practical part of cleaning the engine unit block of your Nissan Leaf . For this, in the first part we will concentrate on the preparation to do on your engine unit to accomplish this action in the right way, and in a second time, the guidelines to allow you to clean the engine compartment of your Nissan Leaf.
To prepare the engine of your Nissan Leaf before cleaning it
First step and not the least important one. Regardless if your car’s engine compartment is designed to be waterproof, cleaning it totally is not suggested either as a result of the many electrical parts inside. Consequently, before you clean the engine of your Nissan Leaf totally, it is better to protect the electrical parts of your Nissan Leaf . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine unit effectively:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Nissan Leaf , for this, do not hesitate to consult our content page dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to get this done step.
- Remove the upper motor housing of your Nissan Leaf , it’s a plastic cover that can generally be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will allow you to have an less difficult access to the whole engine unit of your motor vehicle.
- Protect all electrical parts with plastic film , stretchable for example, this includes the flowmeter (which is based on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine unit compartment of a Nissan Leaf
Now that you have prepared your motor vehicle for cleaning, all you have to do is begin cleaning it, here are the steps to follow to clean the engine unit of your Nissan Leaf effectively :
- Warm up the engine unit of your motor vehicle for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and assist in its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine unit degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Nissan Leaf engine unit.
- Let it operate for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may damage elements of your engine unit. So use a garden hose and rise with a lot of water.
- If you are satisfied with the end result, you can dry your engine unit with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can repeat the process until it disappears.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine unit of your Nissan Leaf, you will discover this type of product in specialized retailers or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll have the ability to get back on the road with a clean engine unit.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Nissan Leaf, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Leaf category.