Air conditioning is probably the most important specs on recent cars. Although it was in past times reserved for high-end varieties, it has now been democratized for the great majority of vehicles. However, this pricey and elaborate mechanism necessitates special attention, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is completely crucial to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Mini Cooper. This is specifically what we will explain in detail in this article. First we will look in detail at the process to clean the air conditioning of your Mini Cooper, then in a second step, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Mini Cooper.
How to clean my Mini Cooper air conditioning
Let’s start our article with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Mini Cooper. The only method to execute a complete cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, in reality, your air conditioning makes a lot of moisture that will stagnate in the circuit and will help the development of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these items on the internet or in car centres. There are two methods to perform this, here they are
Service the air conditioning system of your Mini Cooper in the simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can instantly clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The process is quite simple, however, this technique can dirty the inside of your Mini Cooper.
- Take away the cabin filter.
- Install the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (preferably on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows shut down, press the button on the bomb to empty it gradually and close the automobile doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Mini Cooper, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This methodology will allow you to very fast clean the air-conditioning system of your Mini Cooper, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Mini Cooper that are persistent, we advise you to utilise the second methodology.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Mini Cooper
Now let’s advance to the more significant tactic of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system detailed. You will have to buy the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the process to stick to:
- Take away your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Mini Cooper (between the hood and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors shut down for Five minutes.
- Once this first part is achieved you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually placed under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Mini Cooper.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Mini Cooper
Finally, to finish our article, we will give you the main recommendations to respect, if you wish to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Mini Cooper and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Mini Cooper every year.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Mini Cooper, do not hesitate to consult our Mini Cooper category.