Air conditioning is one of the most appreciated features on recent cars. Even though it was historically available to high-end versions, it has today been democratized for the vast majority of vehicles. Nevertheless, this pricey and elaborate equipment requires special attention, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is totally important to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Mercedes Classe M. This is exactly what we will describe in detail in this article content. First we will check in detail at the procedure to clean the air conditioning of your Mercedes Classe M, then in a second step, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Mercedes Classe M.
How to clean my Mercedes Classe M air conditioning
Let’s begin our article content with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Mercedes Classe M. The only way to execute a complete cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal products, in fact, your air conditioning makes loads of moisture that will stay in the circuit and will activate the creation of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these items on the internet or in car centres. There are two solutions to do this, here they are
Clean the air conditioning circuit of your Mercedes Classe M in an easy way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can very easily clean your car’s air-conditioning circuit.
The methodology is very easy, nevertheless, this treatment can dirty the inside of your Mercedes Classe M.
- Take out the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (preferably on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine running) with air recycling
- With the windows shut down, press the button on the bomb to empty it gradually and close the car doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Mercedes Classe M, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This process will allow you to fairly quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Mercedes Classe M, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Mercedes Classe M that are persistent, we advise you to utilise the second technique.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Mercedes Classe M
Now let’s go forward to the more significant tactic of performing a cleaning of your ventilation circuit in depth. You will have to be equipped with the same bactericidal and fungicidal spray, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the operation to stick to:
- Take out your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Mercedes Classe M (between the hood and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray a couple of times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors shut down for 5 minutes.
- Once this first part is finished you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually placed under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Mercedes Classe M.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Mercedes Classe M
Finally, to conclude our article content, we will give you the main advice to respect, if you wish to maximize the life of your air conditioning circuit on Mercedes Classe M and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Swap your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Mercedes Classe M every year.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Mercedes Classe M, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Classe M category.