Air conditioning is by far the most asked features on newer cars. Even though it was before reserved for high-end versions, it has today been democratized for the vast majority of cars. However, this pricey and elaborate equipment requires special treatment, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is completely necessary to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Mercedes Classe A 4. This is specifically what we will describe in more detail in this article content. First we will take a look in detail at the procedure to clean the air conditioning of your Mercedes Classe A 4, then in a second part, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Mercedes Classe A 4.
How to clean my Mercedes Classe A 4 air conditioning
Let’s begin our article content with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Mercedes Classe A 4. The only option to execute a total cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal products, in reality, your air conditioning makes a lot of moisture that will stay in the circuit and will help the development of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two techniques to do this, here they are
Clean the air conditioning circuit of your Mercedes Classe A 4 in an easy way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can instantly clean your car’s air-conditioning circuit.
The method is very easy, however, this technique can dirty the inside of your Mercedes Classe A 4.
- Take out the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (ideally on the passenger side).
- Turn on your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows shut down, push the button on the bomb to empty it little by little and close the car doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Mercedes Classe A 4, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This methodology will allow you to very fast clean the air-conditioning system of your Mercedes Classe A 4, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Mercedes Classe A 4 that are persistent, we recommend you to exercise the second methodology.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Mercedes Classe A 4
Now let’s move on to the more significant tactic of performing a cleaning of your ventilation circuit detailed. You will have to be equipped with the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be different. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Take out your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Mercedes Classe A 4 (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors shut down for A moment.
- Once this first step is conducted you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually found under the glove box.
- Finally, to finish, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Mercedes Classe A 4.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Mercedes Classe A 4
Finally, to finish our article content, we will give you the main advice to respect, if you desire to maximize the life of your air conditioning circuit on Mercedes Classe A 4 and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Swap your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Mercedes Classe A 4 every year.
To get more tips on the Mercedes Classe A 4, take a look at the Mercedes Classe A 4 category.