If you wish to have a clean vehicle or you intend to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Mazda MX 5 Miata is an action of routine service that is not actually well handled, between the fear of destroying electronic components or not knowing which products to use… In this article, we will join you to accomplish this action of service with peace of mind. To do so, first, we will find out why it may be necessary to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your Mazda MX 5 Miata .
Why clean the engine of your Mazda MX 5 Miata?
So we begin our content by telling you why it may be wise to consider a cleaning of the engine block of your Mazda MX 5 Miata .
The most general motive for cleaning the engine compartment of your car should be regular service. Failure to clean your car will cause dirt and grime to accumulate and sooner or later harm parts of your car. We suggest you to carry out this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can as well be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Mazda MX 5 Miata, however be cautious not to clean it too much, potential buyers might think that a too clean engine is associated with a leaking engine that tries to be camouflaged by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your Mazda MX 5 Miata?
We will now start the core of the content with the practical part of cleaning the engine block of your Mazda MX 5 Miata . To do this, in the first part we will focus on the preparation to do on your engine to conduct this action correctly, and in a second time, the instructions to enable you to clean the engine compartment of your Mazda MX 5 Miata.
To prepare the engine of your Mazda MX 5 Miata before cleaning it
First step and not the least important one. Even if your car’s engine compartment is designed to be waterproof, cleaning it completely is not recommended either because of the many electrical components inside. Consequently, before you clean the engine of your Mazda MX 5 Miata totally, it is better to protect the electrical components of your Mazda MX 5 Miata . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine correctly:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Mazda MX 5 Miata , to do so, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to get this done step.
- Take off the upper motor housing of your Mazda MX 5 Miata , it’s a plastic cover that can in most cases be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will enable you to have an much easier access to the whole engine of your car.
- Protect all electrical components with plastic film , stretchable for example, this contains the flowmeter (which is located on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a Mazda MX 5 Miata
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is start cleaning it, here are the steps to stick to to clean the engine of your Mazda MX 5 Miata correctly :
- Warm up the engine of your car for about 5 minutes, this will make the grease more fluid and facilitate its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Mazda MX 5 Miata engine.
- Let it operate for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may affect components of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with plenty of water.
- If you are convinced with the end result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can replicate the procedure until it goes away.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your Mazda MX 5 Miata, you will find this kind of product in specific stores or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll have the ability to get back on the road with a clean engine.
To get more tips on the Mazda MX 5 Miata, take a look at the Mazda MX 5 Miata category.