More and more motorists are trying to maintain their cars by themselves. This results in substantial savings because contemporary cars involve more and more routine service and are made up of more and more technical components that result in new breakdowns or inconveniences. One of the complications that affects more and more Toyota Iq owners is a clogged air flow meter, which will bring about a loss of power and black exhaust gases. Today we are going to check out how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Toyota Iq? . First, we will explain how your mass airflow sensor functions and its value, second, why it may be important to clean this sensor , and finally, how to clean the mass air flow sensor of a Toyota Iq .
Utility and operation of the mass air flow meter of a Toyota Iq
So we start our article with the operation and purpose of your Toyota Iq flowmeter.
The intent of the mass air flow sensor on Toyota Iq
The mass air flow sensor is a part that has been developed actually quite not long ago and principally equipped on diesel models. In actual fact, with injection engines, the fuel and air intake has become very precise and it is consequently important for the ECU to know the exact volume of air loaded into the engine to change the actions of complementary intake parts such as the injection or the EGR valve, if you have problems with the EGR valve on your Toyota Iq, do not think twice to consult our article on this subject.
Mass air flow sensor operation on Toyota Iq
Now, we are going to have a look at how it functions, before trying to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Toyota Iq , you must already figure out how it works to do this routine service act correctly.
The mass air flow sensor is therefore principally there to obtain data on the air intake of your motor vehicle. To do this, it must be mounted just after the air intake of your Toyota Iq, i. e. just after the air filter. It is a pipe equipped with a sensor that will review the air in the intake and transmit the data to the ECU of your car.
Why clean the mass air flow sensor of a Toyota Iq?
The mass air flow sensor of your Toyota Iq can have complications and this is what we will try to find out and discover what complications you may be facing!
Mass air flow sensor complications Toyota Iq
Here are the different complications that the air flow sensor of your Toyota Iq can generate:
- higher fuel consumption: Because a dirty flow meter will actually lead to more significant fuel consumption due to poor air flow…
- Power loss: Related to the same problem, this lack of air can generate a loss of power to your engine.
- Difficulties starting the vehicle: Finally, one of the last traditional complications associated with a dirty flowmeter will be that your Toyota Iq will have more difficulties to start the car.
How do I clean the mass air flow sensor from a Toyota Iq?
After looking at the operation and concerns that the flowmeter can generate, we will look at how to solve these complications by showing to you how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Toyota Iq . You should know that this operation is actually quite basic to accomplish and you will not need advanced mechanical abilities to do it yourself, a good method to avoid a trip to the garage and a steep bill. See down below the different steps to follow to accomplish this routine service act:
- After having found the mass air flow sensor of your Toyota Iq , you will have to dismantle it. To do this, act delicately, but you will just have to disassemble it on both sides of the air duct and disconnect the electrical plug on top of it.
- Once disassembled, you will be able to proceed to the step cleaning the mass air flow sensor of your Toyota Iq . This sensor will, with time, get dirty and its two “filaments” that will give information to your computer on the quality and temperature of the air will no longer be able to collect data correctly, it is in this sense that it will disrupt the operation of the engine of your Toyota Iq. The intent of this cleaning will be to remove all its harmful particles to enable it to work efficiently again.
- Let soak the lower section of your mass air flow sensor (not the plug part) in acetone or another solvent for a few minutes , which will remove most of the grime
- Now we’ll proceed to the very delicate cleaning of the flow meter filaments. You have to be very cautious, in any other case your mass air flow sensor will be permanently damaged. With the help of a fine brush and solvent, delicately clean the two filaments of your mass air flow sensor . If you are too afraid of harming it, you can also clean them with a brake fluid in the form of an aerosol by spraying the jet on these filaments.
Now you know how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Toyota Iq , you should feel a noticeable difference in the behavior of your engine.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Toyota Iq, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Iq category.