More and more motorists are trying to maintain their cars on their own. This outcomes in significant cost savings because contemporary cars necessitate more and more routine service and are done up of more and more technical components that result in new breakdowns or inconveniences. One of the complications that disturbs more and more Tesla Model X owners is a clogged air flow meter, which will end in a loss of power and black exhaust gases. In this article we are going to take a look at how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Tesla Model X? . First, we will teach you how your mass airflow sensor works and its advantages, second, why it may be important to clean this sensor , and finally, how to clean the mass air flow sensor of a Tesla Model X .
Utility and action of the mass air flow meter of a Tesla Model X
So we start our article with the operation and role of your Tesla Model X flowmeter.
The purpose of the mass air flow sensor on Tesla Model X
The mass air flow sensor is a part that has been created quite not too long ago and specifically supplied on diesel models. Indeed, with injection engines, the fuel and air intake has become very precise and it is therefore important for the ECU to know the exact volume of air loaded into the engine to modify the behaviour of complementary intake parts such as the injection or the EGR valve, if you have problems with the EGR valve on your Tesla Model X, do not hesitate to consult our article on this subject.
Mass air flow sensor operation on Tesla Model X
Now, we are going to examine how it works, before trying to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Tesla Model X , you must already understand how it functions to do this routine service action correctly.
The mass air flow sensor is consequently specifically there to obtain info on the air intake of your motor vehicle. To get this done, it must be installed just after the air intake of your Tesla Model X, i. e. just after the air filter. It is a pipe supplied with a sensor that will analyze the air in the intake and transmit the info to the ECU of your car.
Why clean the mass air flow sensor of a Tesla Model X?
The mass air flow sensor of your Tesla Model X can have complications and this is what we will try to discover and figure out what complications you may be struggling with!
Mass air flow sensor complications Tesla Model X
Here are the different complications that the air flow sensor of your Tesla Model X can trigger:
- higher fuel consumption: Because a dirty flow meter will actually bring about excessive fuel consumption due to poor air flow…
- Power loss: Related to the same problem, this lack of air can trigger a loss of power to your engine.
- Difficulties starting the vehicle: Finally, one of the last classic complications connected to a dirty flowmeter will be that your Tesla Model X will have more troubles to start the car.
How do I clean the mass air flow sensor from a Tesla Model X?
After going over the operation and complications that the flowmeter can trigger, we will look at how to resolve these complications by showing to you how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Tesla Model X . You should know that this process is quite simple to carry out and you will not need advanced mechanical skills to do it your self, a good method to avoid a trip to the mechanic and a steep bill. See down below the different steps to follow to carry out this routine service act:
- After having located the mass air flow sensor of your Tesla Model X , you will have to dismantle it. To get this done, action gently, but you will just have to disassemble it on both sides of the air duct and disconnect the electrical plug on top of it.
- Once disassembled, you will have the ability to move forward to the step cleaning the mass air flow sensor of your Tesla Model X . This sensor will, as time passes, get dirty and its two “filaments” that will give information to your computer on the quality and temperature of the air will no longer have the ability to collect data correctly, it is in this sense that it will affect the operation of the engine of your Tesla Model X. The purpose of this cleaning will be to take out all its impure substances to enable it to work efficiently again.
- Let soak the lower section of your mass air flow sensor (not the plug part) in acetone or another solvent for a few minutes , which will take out most of the grime
- Now we’ll proceed to the very gentle cleaning of the flow meter filaments. You have to be very careful, in any other case your mass air flow sensor will be permanently damaged. With the help of a fine brush and solvent, gently clean the two filaments of your mass air flow sensor . If you are too afraid of damaging it, you can as well clean them with a brake fluid in the form of an aerosol by spraying the jet on these filaments.
Now you know how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Tesla Model X , you should feel a noticeable difference in the behavior of your engine.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Tesla Model X, do not hesitate to consult our Tesla Model X category.