More and more drivers are trying to take care of their cars by themselves. This results in significant savings because contemporary cars involve more and more maintenance and are made up of more and more technical parts that lead to new breakdowns or inconveniences. One of the problems that impacts more and more Nissan Titan owners is a clogged air flow meter, which will end in a loss of power and black exhaust gases. Today we are going to check out how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Nissan Titan? . First, we will explain how your mass airflow sensor works and its usefulness, second, why it might be relevant to clean this sensor , and finally, how to clean the mass air flow sensor of a Nissan Titan .
Utility and action of the mass air flow meter of a Nissan Titan
So we start our content with the process and role of your Nissan Titan flowmeter.
The intent of the mass air flow sensor on Nissan Titan
The mass air flow sensor is a component that has been created quite recently and specifically equipped on diesel models. Indeed, with injection engines, the fuel and air intake has become very precise and it is consequently necessary for the ECU to know the exact volume of air added into the engine to adapt the behaviour of complementary intake parts such as the injection or the EGR valve, if you have problems with the EGR valve on your Nissan Titan, do not hesitate to consult our content on this subject.
Mass air flow sensor operation on Nissan Titan
Now, we are going to examine how it works, before trying to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Nissan Titan , you must already figure out how it works to do this maintenance work properly.
The mass air flow sensor is therefore specifically there to get info on the air intake of your motor vehicle. To get this done, it must be fitted just after the air intake of your Nissan Titan, i. e. just after the air filter. It is a pipe equipped with a sensor that will review the air in the intake and transfer the info to the ECU of your car.
Why clean the mass air flow sensor of a Nissan Titan?
The mass air flow sensor of your Nissan Titan can have problems and this is what we will try to see and understand what problems you might be struggling with!
Mass air flow sensor problems Nissan Titan
Here are the different problems that the air flow sensor of your Nissan Titan can generate:
- higher fuel consumption: Because a dirty flow meter will actually end in excessive fuel consumption caused by poor air flow…
- Power loss: Related to similar problem, this lack of air can generate a loss of power to your engine.
- Difficulties starting the vehicle: Finally, one of the last traditional problems connected to a dirty flowmeter will be that your Nissan Titan will have more issues to start the vehicle.
How do I clean the mass air flow sensor from a Nissan Titan?
After examining the operation and problems that the flowmeter can generate, we will look at how to resolve these problems by describing to you how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Nissan Titan . You should know that this operation is quite very easy to execute and you will not need advanced mechanical skills to do it yourself, a good method to avoid a trip to the workshop and a steep bill. See below the different steps to follow to execute this maintenance act:
- After having based the mass air flow sensor of your Nissan Titan , you will have to dismantle it. To get this done, work delicately, but you will just have to disassemble it on both sides of the air duct and detach the electrical plug on top of it.
- Once taken apart, you will have the ability to proceed to the step cleaning the mass air flow sensor of your Nissan Titan . This sensor will, with time, get dirty and its two “filaments” that will give information to your computer on the quality and temperature of the air will no longer have the ability to collect data properly, it is in this sense that it will disrupt the operation of the engine unit of your Nissan Titan. The intent of this cleaning will be to remove all its harmful particles to enable it to work efficiently again.
- Let soak the lower part of your mass air flow sensor (not the plug part) in acetone or another solvent for a few minutes , which will remove most of the grime
- Now we’ll proceed to the very gentle cleaning of the flow meter filaments. You have to be very careful, otherwise your mass air flow sensor will be permanently damaged. With the help of a fine brush and solvent, delicately clean the two filaments of your mass air flow sensor . If you are too afraid of damaging it, you can also clean them with a brake fluid in the form of an aerosol by spraying the jet on these filaments.
Now you know how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Nissan Titan , you should feel a noticeable difference in the behavior of your engine unit.
If you need more guides on the Nissan Titan, go to our Nissan Titan category.