More and more car owners are trying to take care of their vehicles by themselves. This results in significant cost savings because contemporary cars require more and more routine service and are done up of more and more technical components that lead to new breakdowns or inconveniences. One of the complications that disturbs more and more Nissan Pathfinder owners is a clogged air flow meter, which will bring about a loss of power and black exhaust gases. In this article we are going to take a look at how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Nissan Pathfinder? . First, we will describe how your mass airflow sensor operates and its value, second, why it may be important to clean this sensor , and at last, how to clean the mass air flow sensor of a Nissan Pathfinder .
Utility and operation of the mass air flow meter of a Nissan Pathfinder
So we start our content page with the operation and role of your Nissan Pathfinder flowmeter.
The goal of the mass air flow sensor on Nissan Pathfinder
The mass air flow sensor is a part that has been created actually quite lately and principally supplied on diesel models. In fact, with injection engines, the fuel and air intake has become very precise and it is consequently essential for the ECU to know the exact volume of air added into the engine to change the actions of complementary intake parts such as the injection or the EGR valve, if you have problems with the EGR valve on your Nissan Pathfinder, do not think twice to consult our content page on this subject.
Mass air flow sensor operation on Nissan Pathfinder
Now, we are going to check out how it operates, before trying to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Nissan Pathfinder , you must already find out how it functions to do this routine service act accurately.
The mass air flow sensor is therefore principally there to obtain data on the air intake of your motor vehicle. To achieve this, it must be set up just after the air intake of your Nissan Pathfinder, i. e. just after the air filter. It is a pipe supplied with a sensor that will analyze the air in the intake and transmit the data to the ECU of your car.
Why clean the mass air flow sensor of a Nissan Pathfinder?
The mass air flow sensor of your Nissan Pathfinder can have complications and this is what we will try to see and discover what complications you may be struggling with!
Mass air flow sensor complications Nissan Pathfinder
Here are the different complications that the air flow sensor of your Nissan Pathfinder can cause:
- higher fuel consumption: Because a dirty flow meter will necessarily end up in excessive fuel consumption caused by poor air flow…
- Power loss: Related to the same problem, this lack of air can cause a loss of power to your engine.
- Difficulties starting the vehicle: Finally, one of the last classic complications connected with a dirty flowmeter will be that your Nissan Pathfinder will have more issues to start the vehicle.
How do I clean the mass air flow sensor from a Nissan Pathfinder?
After reviewing the operation and problems that the flowmeter can cause, we will look at how to resolve these complications by explaining to you how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Nissan Pathfinder . You should know that this operation is actually quite basic to accomplish and you will not need advanced mechanical expertise to do it your self, a good way to avoid a trip to the mechanic and a steep bill. Discover below the different steps to stick to to accomplish this routine service act:
- After having based the mass air flow sensor of your Nissan Pathfinder , you will have to dismantle it. To achieve this, act gently, but you will just have to disassemble it on both sides of the air duct and detach the electrical plug on top of it.
- Once disassembled, you will have the ability to carry on to the step cleaning the mass air flow sensor of your Nissan Pathfinder . This sensor will, over time, get dirty and its two “filaments” that will give information to your computer on the quality and temperature of the air will no longer have the ability to collect data accurately, it is in this sense that it will disrupt the operation of the engine of your Nissan Pathfinder. The goal of this cleaning will be to remove all its harmful particles to enable it to work efficiently again.
- Let soak the lower section of your mass air flow sensor (not the plug part) in acetone or another solvent for a few minutes , which will remove most of the grime
- Now we’ll proceed to the very gentle cleaning of the flow meter filaments. You have to be very watchful, otherwise your mass air flow sensor will be permanently damaged. With the help of a fine brush and solvent, gently clean the two filaments of your mass air flow sensor . If you are too afraid of damaging it, you can also clean them with a brake fluid in the form of an aerosol by spraying the jet on these filaments.
Now you know how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Nissan Pathfinder , you should feel a noticeable difference in the behavior of your engine.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Nissan Pathfinder, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Pathfinder category.