If you wish to have a clean vehicle or you intend to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Lexus UX is an action of maintenance that is not necessarily well handled, between the fear of harming electronic components or not knowing which products to use… In this post, we will accompany you to accomplish this action of maintenance with peace of mind. To achieve this, first, we will see why it may be necessary to clean the engine unit of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine unit of your Lexus UX .
Why clean the engine of your Lexus UX?
So we start our content by explaining why it may be wise to consider a cleaning of the engine unit block of your Lexus UX .
The most general explanation for cleaning the engine unit compartment of your car should be frequent maintenance. Failure to clean your car will bring about dirt and grime to build up and ultimately harm auto parts of your car. We advise you to carry out this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can as well be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Lexus UX, nevertheless take care not to clean it too much, potential buyers might presume that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be hidden by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine unit than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine unit of your Lexus UX?
We will now begin the core of the content with the practical section of cleaning the engine unit block of your Lexus UX . To do this, in the first section we will focus on the preparation to do on your engine unit to accomplish this action correctly, and in a second time, the instructions to enable you to clean the engine compartment of your Lexus UX.
To prepare the engine of your Lexus UX before cleaning it
First step and not the least essential one. Regardless if your car’s engine compartment is supposed to be waterproof, cleaning it totally is not advised either due to the many electrical components inside. Consequently, before you clean the engine of your Lexus UX entirely, it is better to protect the electrical components of your Lexus UX . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine unit properly:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Lexus UX , to achieve this, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to do this step.
- Remove the upper motor housing of your Lexus UX , it’s a plastic cover that can in most cases be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will enable you to have an easier access to the whole engine unit of your car.
- Protect all electrical components with plastic film , stretchable for example, this contains the flowmeter (which is found on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine unit compartment of a Lexus UX
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is begin cleaning it, here are the steps to follow to clean the engine unit of your Lexus UX properly :
- Warm up the engine unit of your car for about 5 minutes, this will make the grease more fluid and ease its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine unit degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Lexus UX engine unit.
- Let it work for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may damage components of your engine unit. So use a garden hose and rise with plenty of water.
- If you are satisfied with the result, you can dry your engine unit with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can duplicate the operation until it goes away.
- Last little piece of advice, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine unit of your Lexus UX, you will locate this type of product in specific retailers or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll be able to get back on the road with a clean engine unit.
If you want more tutorials on the Lexus UX, go to our Lexus UX category.