Whether you wish to have a clean car or you intend to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Lexus NX is an work of routine service that is not necessarily well managed, between the fear of harming electronic elements or not knowing which products to use… On this page, we will join you to perform this work of maintenance with peace of mind. To accomplish this, first, we will see why it might be relevant to clean the engine unit of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine unit of your Lexus NX .
Why clean the engine of your Lexus NX?
So we start our article by telling you why it might be smart to reflect on a cleaning of the engine unit block of your Lexus NX .
The most basic justification for cleaning the engine unit compartment of your car should be regular service. Failure to clean your car will trigger dirt and grime to accumulate and eventually harm parts of your car. We recommend you to perform this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can also be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Lexus NX, nevertheless be careful not to clean it too much, potential buyers might think that a too clean engine is associated with a leaking engine that tries to be camouflaged by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine unit than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine unit of your Lexus NX?
We will now begin the heart of the article with the practical section of cleaning the engine unit block of your Lexus NX . To do this, in the first section we will concentrate on the preparation to do on your engine unit to accomplish this work in the right way, and in a second time, the guidelines to allow you to clean the engine compartment of your Lexus NX.
To prepare the engine of your Lexus NX before cleaning it
First step and not the least necessary one. Even if your car’s engine compartment is meant to be waterproof, cleaning it completely is not advised either because of the many electrical elements inside. Therefore, before you clean the engine of your Lexus NX completely, it is better to protect the electrical elements of your Lexus NX . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine unit effectively:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Lexus NX , to do this, do not think twice to seek advice from our article dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to achieve this step.
- Take off the upper motor housing of your Lexus NX , it’s a plastic cover that can generally be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will allow you to have an easier access to the whole engine unit of your car.
- Protect all electrical elements with plastic film , stretchable for example, this involves the flowmeter (which is found on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine unit compartment of a Lexus NX
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is start cleaning it, here are the steps to stick to to clean the engine unit of your Lexus NX effectively :
- Warm up the engine unit of your car for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and assist in its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine unit degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Lexus NX engine unit.
- Let it work for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may affect parts of your engine unit. So use a garden hose and rise with plenty of water.
- If you are convinced with the end result, you can dry your engine unit with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can replicate the operation until it disappears.
- Last little piece of advice, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine unit of your Lexus NX, you will discover this type of product in specific shops or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll have the ability to get back on the road with a clean engine unit.
To find more tips on the Lexus NX, take a look at the Lexus NX category.